Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One)

1. Go easy on that shit, man. It's the most insidious drug out there.

2. I don't care if this game was made with child slave labor in east Asia, it looks fucking incredible and I'm playing to day one.

That being said sounds like a lot of the work practices at Rockstar are pretty bullshit, I hope they get their shit together for Bully 2.

3. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I wasn't going to buy browngame cowboy torture simulator anyway, but if I can parlay my prior disinterest into a sense of moral superiority, all the better.
    That's why the worst I can say is that this sucks, but I wasn't going to buy it anyway. I don't like Rockstar games. So there's no way to feel good about not doing something I wasn't going to anyway.

However, I do wonder how many people who would shit on EA or Activision for doing this are doing crazy mental gymnastics to justify not denying themselves RDR2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I don't care if this game was made with child slave labor in east Asia, it looks fucking incredible and I'm playing to day one.
    Why not wait a couple days and buy it buy it from a TNL member?

I waited four years to play Metal Gear Solid 4 btw, so anything you could say is absolute bullshit, but I'm curious.

5. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    No, we just fucking work for a living.

Since when is being stoned all day work?
    Last edited by gamevet; 22 Oct 2018 at 11:00 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Why not wait a couple days and buy it buy it from a TNL member?
    I'm really excited to play it, have disposable income, and see no reason to prove anything to anyone by waiting arbitrarily.

I know what I'm about.

7. we all do.

8. Probably not.

You all know me as the 17 year old kid who started posting here, every meme about me on this sub is from when I was 22 or younger. I'm a 33 year old, full time working, married, home owner with 2 kids now. Ya'll probably know very little about me anymore.

I’m not even talking about whatever political video game indie store fucking bad place to work thing. I’m talking about using your vaunted disposable income to buy your games from a member of this here community where we used to be all self righteous about taking care of our own.

10. I've never done that.

Regardless, I've had a totally free night fall right into my lap on launch day. My wife has a girls nigh out, my in-laws are having both the kids spend the night, I'm not gonna sit at home and not play Red Dead 2 so I can buy it from someone here who probably knows and cares about me so little were not even Facebook friends, the "bare minimum effort" of being a casual acquaintance.