Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One)

1. I'm saying they have the money and resources to ensure nobody should feel they need to work 100 hours a week.

2. I like all the apologizers saying," No one forced them to work!"
    As if most people in a cut throat industry are going to say "no" when the boss asks them to work overtime.

I also like that since 3 people that work(ed) at Rockstar tweeted "I never had to work anything near 100 hours!" when two of them were tools developers. Pretty sure the tools aren't what's being handled during crunch.

3. The barista only worked 60 hours per week.

4. As if most people in a cut throat industry are going to say "no" when the boss asks them to work overtime.
    That's a key part.

Also important is how even if your studio says "by all means, be open and honest about working here" after decades of not, you may not feel comfortable saying bad things if they've happened to you. But those super stoked to talk about how much they love it there won't hesitate.

Also also, you may not want to talk shit because it could impact your ability to find work at another studio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. As soon as I do not depend on Children's Television for love and affection, I will talk all of the shit and post all of my production boards in full with board artist commentary and special features on Twitter.

But I will wait until I have Twitter followers as well.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I like all the apologizers saying," No one forced them to work!"
    As if most people in a cut throat industry are going to say "no" when the boss asks them to work overtime.
    Yeah, this is some "why was she at the party if she didn't want it" stuff.

7. Preordered this on PS4 because waiting to buy used was not an option and buying new from SSJN might net him $.03. Also they gave me a shit ton of GTAV bux which I still enjoy playing. Also also I thought this game was coming out in December or something but surprise it's next week.

8. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    As soon as I do not depend on Children's Television for love and affection,
    I could use some Children's Television work... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I like all the apologizers saying," No one forced them to work!"
    "No one forced them to work!" is a valid point because it's either true or it isn't. Far less certain is whether there's an actual disapproval of those who won't work gross amounts of overtime.

People know that, all other things being equal, that an employee that works a lot of overtime will be more valued than one that doesn't. It's common sense.

So when someone feels the environment forces them into gross amounts of overtime, you also have to look for how much that person may be pressuring themselves or seeing the ladder to promotion as the baseline, when it's not. Anyone who wants to bitch about not being able to look better than the single guy who works crazy hours has a reality check coming. Life is competition. You alone choose what's worth it and what's not.

So someone remind me exactly how much evidence we have that there's been ramifications for people who have refused overtime during the production of this game? Enough that we're boycotting the game, yeah?

10. I wasn't going to buy browngame cowboy torture simulator anyway, but if I can parlay my prior disinterest into a sense of moral superiority, all the better.