Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One)

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Also, 15 hours is Nothing.

MANY FUCKING TIMES I worked a 24 hour day (no sleep, no naps, Pure Drawing For My Livelyhood ). Guess what I did when I finished that board? Sleep?

Nah. I walked into the next room and pitched that shit to 20 of my peers at 9am or High Noon in a brightly lit conference room. If it's funny, I am a Champion. If not, I'm fucked and the notes meeting (which comes RIGHT AFTER THE FUCKIN PITCH to real people) will never end.

So when you can do that while selling a show to Amazon and dressing like a child (Rocky and Motherfucking Bullwinkle, btw), maybe you can think of talking shit.

This is how I do. And I did that with retard brain, without weed, without healthy eating or drinking water. Now that I smoke, exercise and drink every last drop of water on planet Glendale, I am unstoppable.
    yeah...there is a word for this. It's called passion.

If I'm working on something personal, that I have passion for, I'll do it until I feel like my eyes are about to leave my skull through my asshole.

Just about every creative has this in them. Its not special between creatives. Just special between creatives and normies.

Its not practical to expect it from people though. 99.9% of labor isn't necessary and soul filling.

really, I have it and I wish I didn't. Its slowly killing me. I don't get enough sleep because of it. I get 4 to 6 hours of sleep most nights because I'll put as much time into my own projects as I do a job.

Between my personal stuff and work, I'm going to die in a car wreck. or sleep related health problems.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    It ABSOLUTELY applies to art, and media. You're lying to yourself if you think other wise. I'm saying this as an animator that has done 60 - 70 hour weeks for long stretches of time, and having a large collection of friends in animation and other art fields that have done the same. Working in art or a creative field is still work, anyone peddling other wise is a liar and or an idiot.
    Yet every one of these sprawling open world games follows the same trend. I also work a job in a creative field and I can tell you a team that does the bare minimum rarely builds things this big.

I'm not saying it's right or ethical I'm just providing a simple counterpoint: it has produced some of the most ambitious games and media.

4. Imagine how much more realistic the mustache-rendering and environmentally-contingent horse testicle physics could have been if we just didn't have labor laws at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I can tell you a team that does the bare minimum rarely builds things this big.
    This is a big part of the problem: bosses think an eight hour day is the "bare minimum"

its even more delicious when the boss takes all the off days he wants, leaves work for personal errands when he wants, or takes a lunch over an hour.

6. Cheeks, you don't get what it takes to realize vision and ambition like this. What's more important, a dad watching his dumb kid miss the ball and hit the goddamn tee for the tenth fucking time keep your eye on the goddamn ball Evan or this:

7. If it's literally impossible to make brown, billion-markers-on-the-map, serial murder power fantasy identical side quest dynamic horse balls games without 100-hour work weeks then throw this trash genre in the trash can where trash goes forever. It hasn't evolved since Assassin's Creed 1 anyway.

8. Now that’s passion!

9. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    If it's literally impossible to make brown, billion-markers-on-the-map, serial murder power fantasy identical side quest dynamic horse balls games without 100-hour work weeks then throw this trash genre in the trash can where trash goes forever. It hasn't evolved since Assassin's Creed 1 anyway.
    Sounds like Shenmoooooooo

10. We're so angly these days.