Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1020222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    He was on the map near where the bear was. There was a little store marker.
    Found it.

Good looking out.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I knew I missed a message when I put the fur on my horse. Two guys kidnapping a woman in a creepily lit wagon drove by so I shot them, which dismissed the tip.
    This keeps happening to me. I message comes up that's tucked in the corner of the screen and then something in the game happens suddenly and I never get to see the message. That's been a Rockstar thing for a while and I don't remember ever finding a log in the menus to check what the message was. Accidently shooting at someone or the scenario that FirstBlood mentioned, where the RT LT context functionality ceases to work the way the game taught me drives me fucking nuts. Half the time I get into trouble is because the controls get all stupid and I either shoot someone I didn't want to or I can't defend myself.

Random event highlight: I stopped to help a guy fixing his horse's shoe by the side of the road, scared the horse and it kicked the poor guy right in the chest.

3. I think the horse kicks him no matter what. I casually rode up and wasn't anywhere near them when the hoof struck.

4. Hunting is incredible in this game. There's a couple of pig farms near my camp. I've stolen like 3 to feed my gang after they get snippy about being hungry. I'm digging the camp system.

5. When you miss a message, you can check the log in the pause menu. Never mind, that was the first game. Replayed it right before this one.

I assumed the horseshoe guy was an asshole mistreating the horse. Calmed it down, saddled it, it ended up being the first horse I reached level 4 bonding with.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 31 Oct 2018 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. This game sure uses a lot of buttons.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. So my horse died last night.

I'm torn between going back to a save that was done hours ago... versus just soldiering on. I actually am a bit annoyed about the whole affair... I "died" before my horse did and the game restarted me... I had no opportunity to revive it. And quite frankly who wouldn't just reset if their horse or dog died in a game? The design is ballsy, but I'm also just annoyed about the whole affair.

The outcome is now I feel I have to save it every 10 minutes so I can revert if my horse dies... which is pretty bad design. This is why they made the dog unkillable in Fable, btw... they realized through user research nobody just continued on without their pet.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 01 Nov 2018 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. cant you get another horse?

From this thread, the common themes are amazing detail, horrible mess controls, and horses (which alone makes me want nothing to do with it).

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    cant you get another horse?
    Yeah, why is your horse dying such a big deal? Can you customize your horse?