Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince is gone... Long live Prince!!!

1. Also, I'm listening to some albums. Were any of them mastered to not sound so blown out? Little Red Corvette is distorted to hell.

2. I wanted to go to the ATL show, but figured I'd see him on the next go.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Same here, I made some big purchases this month and couldn't justify the ticket prices at the time. I could justify it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Also, I'm listening to some albums. Were any of them mastered to not sound so blown out? Little Red Corvette is distorted to hell.
    Look for original releases? I've not made any snooty comparisons on his stuff.

5. Checking my copy, I 've got the 2013 Rhino hi-fi release of Controversy. I think it's a "stylistic" distortion, unfortunately. I feel like I listened to the original release before, but I may as well try it again.

6. I think I'm the one that posted that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame video...

This is a national tragedy. When I found out at lunch today I almost had an emotional breakdown.

7. Seriously? Bowie and Prince in 3 months.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    This is amazing:

This video is infuriating. They talk over all his guitar solos.

Forever the best Super Bowl halftime show though.

9. Currently sifting through Prince live bootlegs to ease my sadness that I never got to go to one of his shows (despite frequently talking about wanting to)

10. Prince is gone... Long live Prince!!!

Looks like complications from an OD.

That just doesn't sit right.
    Boo, Hiss.