Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince is gone... Long live Prince!!!

1. The story is he played it cool and bland during all the rehearsals, then when showtime came he just came out and blew the rest of the band away. I love the way he throws his guitar up and walks off stage without acknowledging anyone. What a little shit.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    The story is he played it cool and bland during all the rehearsals, then when showtime came he just came out and blew the rest of the band away. I love the way he throws his guitar up and walks off stage without acknowledging anyone. What a little shit.
    That is fucking awesome.

3. I don't think Winwood or Petty are thought of as great guitar players, but yes, Prince was great.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I don't think Winwood or Petty are thought of as great guitar players, but yes, Prince was great.
    I think some would disagree with you there about Winwood. But more than just technically proficient, they're huge stars and big egos and Prince just completely blew them off stage.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    See also: That time he was on stage with Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne and upsataged all of the motherfuckers

See also: Post #4

Can we talk about out how he throws his guitar up and it fucking disappears?

7. Criss Angel is jealous.

9. I wish Prince wasn't so anti-Youtube. The studio version isn't even on Youtube.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    This is amazing:

I was thinking about his performance during that Super Bowl. I remember thinking: They should bring him back.

Prince, to me, was like hearing James Brown, Jimmy Hendrix and Little Richard all performing on stage together. He had mastered the best of each of them.
    Last edited by gamevet; 22 Apr 2016 at 11:52 PM.