Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Prince is gone... Long live Prince!!!

I think my favorite is I Wanna Be Your Lover album version
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. Thieves in the Temple.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Wait, what are we talking about? Best Prince song? I vote for Erotic City.

4. Dude was hooked on Percocet.

Makes sense. Healthy 57 year olds don't die from a month long bout of the flu.

5. White people and Maya Rudolph be so goofy.

6. I've been trying to find a video of The place of your man on youtube for years. The closest I've found is this video on a site called Jukebox. It has the lovely Sheila E. on drums. Is this the video that appeared on MTV back in the 80s'?

Here's a live version with some insane guitar solos before and during the song. The video cannot be posted directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLKu...7NiR2g8etKVtv9

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I don't think I ever heard much of any of those 3 in his hits.
    I guess heard is not exactly what I was going for. He incorporated his style, looks and some of his sound from each. He did the little high pitched wail like Little Richard, as well as embracing a feminine side. He was a master of the electric guitar, like Hendrix. And he performed crazy dance moves while he was performing on stage, like James Brown.

James Brown was known for his dance moves while performing, much like Prince was. Prince pulled of the splits on stage much like James Brown did.

Last edited by gamevet; 30 Apr 2016 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Maya Rudolph
    Annual reminder that she was in the Rentals.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I've been trying to find a video of The place of your man on youtube for years. The closest I've found is this video on a site called Jukebox. It has the lovely Sheila E. on drums. Is this the video that appeared on MTV back in the 80s'?
    It showed up on my Youtube front page today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI7J89Afng0