Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince is gone... Long live Prince!!!

1. Prince is gone... Long live Prince!!!

Prince Rogers Nelson passed away today. He was my first musical "love'. Bought all his records and played them on a Fisher Price record player as a child. This thread is to share love, music and stories here :

The Dirty Mind/ Controversy era is my favorite.

2. Jesus!! I put this in the wrong place! Mods please please put this in music discussion!!

3. But Prince was very sporty!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. I thought Prince was a Micheal Jackson ripoff when I was a kid. I liked songs like Little Red Corvette and Raspberry Beret. But his stuff seemed far more pop than I cared to listen to. Thus aside from a few tunes I'd occasionally hear on the radio or see on MTV, I never paid much attention.
    Then one of you posted this video (think it was Josh) and I was amazed.

I've since gathered some of his stuff, but not as much as I'd like to. I forget what awards show it was, but when he played with Third Eye Girl a few years ago it blew me away.
    Like Bowie, I waited much too long to learn to appreciate his stuff. Sucks, but it means I've got decades worth of material to hear for the first time.

5. This is amazing:

6. Same here, I didn't appreciate his music until way later.

7. Brent Knopf from Ramona Falls/Menomena did a little piano piece

look here, upon a sig graveyard.

This is like getting hit by a truck. I have a lot of stuff to do today, and I'm not sure how I'm going to go do anything besides get back in bed.

9. I don't even like a single Prince song really and even I'm bummed.

He was ridiculous on guitar and I know there's like a million bands or artists I like who sound how they sound because of Prince.

Fucking sucks.
    Last edited by Opaque; 21 Apr 2016 at 05:39 PM.

10. He was touring through my town earlier this month and I thought to myself, "next time". Feeling bummed out about that choice.