Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR)

No response. I've tried tons of videos.

2. I read about this on GAF last year and def. got the response.

Turned it off because there was no way I could explain it to Steph without sounding like a weirdo.

Does she ever get tingly when you come up from behind and whisper some husband nonsense in her ear?

There you go.

That tingle makes more sense, since he's there moving air around. This is just people being whispered to in French.

I would assume it is a brain trick. That the tingle comes from assuming the sensation is coming. Like tasting something you see for a second while you eat something different.

6. Olivia Kissper (I don't think that's her real name but whatever, that's what she's known as) has talked about the effect being the result of "personal attention," like some people will get the tingle head effect when at a hair salon, at a massage, at the doctor's. Some of the most common triggers start in childhood - when teachers read quietly to a class, or a classmate "draws" on your back during break, or during a lice check at the school nurse. I know those were all seriously stimulating for me as a child (in the ASMR way,) and continue to this day. It's definitely not sexual for me whatsoever (though there are some who are sexually stimulated from it,) it's more like taking 10 klonopin in a row, I get very very very calm and it helps my anxiety enormously to watch a a video a day (or more!) to calm down. It's been a very helpful tool in meditation/mindfulness for me.

I wonder if it's more common for women, since we tend to have more of a response to close, personal attention? I have shown the videos to a few people, including my husband, and no one I know in person seems to get the strong positive effects that I do from them! I am a True Believer though, they've really helped me out a lot and I thank the youtube gods that the videos are so plentiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. this one kills me every time. I think I watch it once a week.

8. I'm convinced that woman is a malfunctioning sexbot and she is going to kill me.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. I KNOW! I love her.

10. The whispers usually get me, sometimes the crinkles.