View Poll Results: Should felons be allowed to vote?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

16 69.57%
  • No.

6 26.09%
  • I literally can't stop sucking dicks.

0 0%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy and can't make up my mind.

1 4.35%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Felony Baloney

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    raise the age of joining the military and all that other shit to 21, and make that the age.
    I completely agree with this. Abolish the draft and restore the older voting age.

We all have to live in society, so it isn't right that one segment gets to fashion the rules that govern everyone because as history has shown over and over those rules eventually get formed to better serve that one segment on the backs of everyone else.
    But that's exactly what is happening. One segment keeps voting themselves more of everyone else's money while contributing nothing to society.

edit: Hell, you could argue it's two. The bottom X% votes for free shit, and the top 0.1% casts their votes in Congress. If you're in-between, not only do you not have a voice, but you pay for the privilege.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 28 Apr 2016 at 12:36 PM.

2. He's right, you know.

and cripple.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Everyone votes for free shit, in some way. There will be hell to pay for anyone who tries to take away my mortgage deduction.

That's hardly free. It exists in the first place because the government wants to drive home building and stability. Taking a ridiculous percentage of less of your money is hardly analogous to putting nothing in but wanting more out.

edit: We're also way, way off topic now.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 28 Apr 2016 at 12:48 PM.

5. fucking hall monitor.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Hell, you could argue it's two. The bottom X% votes for free shit, and the top 0.1% casts their votes in Congress. If you're in-between, not only do you not have a voice, but you pay for the privilege.
    Considering that the poorer people are, the less likely they are to vote anyway, I'd say things are far more in favor of the rich dictating policy.

7. Felony Baloney

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That's hardly free. It exists in the first place because the government wants to drive home building and stability. Taking a ridiculous percentage of less of your money is hardly analogous to putting nothing in but wanting more out.

edit: We're also way, way off topic now.
    EITC goes to people who work but just don't make enough money. They don't pay income tax because of EITC, but they do work and contribute to society. Are you ok with them voting? Is the EITC free stuff?

I pay a shitload of taxes because I make good money but all told I'd rather pay the taxes than get EITC.

Just want to know where you draw the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I couldn't care less about race, but if you don't pay taxes, you shouldn't vote.
    So the rich shouldn't get to vote? I'm cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    EITC goes to people who work but just don't make enough money. They don't pay income tax because of EITC, but they do work and contribute to society. Are you ok with them voting? Is the EITC free stuff?

I pay a shitload of taxes because I make good money but all told I'd rather pay the taxes than get EITC.

Just want to know where you draw the line.
    EITC people indirectly pay taxes in other ways, such as payroll tax. Reading between the lines I think your point is that EITC is an incentive just like the mortgage write off, which I agree with.

10. What's the worse that can happen if a felon can vote? It's not like they're gonna vote in laws making murder or rape legal all of the sudden.