View Poll Results: Should felons be allowed to vote?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

16 69.57%
  • No.

6 26.09%
  • I literally can't stop sucking dicks.

0 0%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy and can't make up my mind.

1 4.35%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Felony Baloney

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Only perpetual jackasses who can't get their shit together are unable to vote.
    We need to expand this policy to more than felons.

Like black people, amirite?

3. I wonder who could survive longer, a fish without water or a liberal without a race card?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Like black people, amirite?
    I couldn't care less about race, but if you don't pay taxes, you shouldn't vote.

5. Does that apply to homeless Vietnam vets? Some of them cripple, you know?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. If applies to people who just don't have income and therefor don't have taxes, that's not cool. There's lots of legit reasons why someone wouldn't have income taxes for a period of time.

If it applies to people with income who use bullshit to not pay their taxes, then yeah, fuck em. If you're not paying into the system when you should be, then you don't get to vote in the system.
    Last edited by Opaque; 28 Apr 2016 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Does that apply to homeless Vietnam vets? Some of them cripple, you know?
    Good call. I'd make a veteran exception, though that can still be pissed away if they commit a felony.

8. I think you should get another chance if the felony was committed under 30 and wasn't major, like the distinctions Opaque gave.

If you're over 30 and commit a felony other than maybe possession, fuck you, you been around long enough to know better by then. You over 30 still stealin' from retail, Vegas odds are you're gonna be kind of a shitstain for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I couldn't care less about race, but if you don't pay taxes, you shouldn't vote.
    People on the lower end that don't pay taxes ain't exactly big on political engagement as it stands.

Tax-dodgers on the higher end, now that's another story. Or howzabout the business owners that pay so badly that their workforce is essentially forced into low-income programs? Who's the bigger leech, the low-income recipients or the ones gleefully breeding their circumstances?

9. A person's rights, thankfully, isn't tied to their income. Just because a person is poor doesn't mean they're exempt from society which is what government is formed to rule. Rich people don't need government to protect them, they can buy protection. Poor people don't have that luxury, so in my mind, they have an even greater need to be a part of the electoral process because they need the government to intervene to protect them when the rich get out of hand.
    My rules for voting:
    1. Be an American citizen
    2. Be at least 18 (or, even better, raise the age of joining the military and all that other shit to 21, and make that the age. Based on anecdotal evidence, a lot of people feel they were far more informed in their early 20s than late teens).
    3. Have a currently clean record. People on probation or parole don't get a vote until their time is done. Maybe have a five year look back. If you've been an upstanding citizen since your felony, we welcome your input. People deserve a second chance.

That's it. We all have to live in society, so it isn't right that one segment gets to fashion the rules that govern everyone because as history has shown over and over those rules eventually get formed to better serve that one segment on the backs of everyone else.
    I don't understand how some people can bitch about the electoral college in one post and then support several arbitrary metrics one must meet in order to even vote in another.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 28 Apr 2016 at 12:20 PM.

10. I think we should give felons gold stars for every crime they commit and call them brave princes and pretty princesses and hold a ticker tape parade in every city cherishing what wonderful deeds they've done with big balloons and warm applause!