Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Old Folks GOTM May 2016: Rondos, Symphonies, and a Pretender

1. Inverted castle done! 199%

As fun as it is to move around in SotN, if I never got to play it again, I wouldn't be too heartbroken. I was ready for it to end. I think I'd be looking more warmly back on it if I had discovered how efficiently dashing while in wolf mode can close huge stretches of map. That would have made backtracking to find that last handful of rooms in both castles much less painful.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Inverted castle done! 199%
    Those two things are incongruent, but I don't blame you a bit for not itching to play more of that style.

3. Good enough for the good ending, anyway (I think).

4. 200.6% or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Inverted castle done! 199%

As fun as it is to move around in SotN, if I never got to play it again, I wouldn't be too heartbroken. I was ready for it to end. I think I'd be looking more warmly back on it if I had discovered how efficiently dashing while in wolf mode can close huge stretches of map. That would have made backtracking to find that last handful of rooms in both castles much less painful.
    oh yeah the wolf form can rip through mfers

6. I think I'm on the same schedule as Bvork.

Played through the alternate levels of Rondo this weekend, but with Richter. After getting 100%, I decided to go farm some cash and buy the Tactics. It was funny watching them, I got the feeling that the person playing was just average, and was really relieved every time he finished a fight with no damage.

I messed around with Maria's special attack after seeing the movie for it, then called the game done. But after seeing Bvork's screenshots I realize that Maria probably has different cutscenes when rescuing the maidens, so maybe I'll go back and do that.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

She does. I suspect that eventually (in a few months or years) I'll return to the game and invert how I played it this time: do the lower route as Richter and the upper route as Maria, to see the cutscene variations that I didn't get.

8. I beat the bad version. The final boss was a pain in the ass, but from its reputation i thought it was going to be Wily from Mega Man 7. The fight against Death in the stage before it was way worse.

and then i went straight into the real version

Holy crap, the Super NES game is such a slog in comparison. Actual Dracula X is such a thing of joy and Dracula XX is working at the factory. The challenge was irritating things in irritating places, like a spear wielder just out of reach but it could hit you easily enough or stupid medusa heads and bats all over the place, none of the little details that make Dracula X were there, there were like 5 enemies in the entire game. Yeah, pretty much the music and fire effect in stage 1 were the only things better.

Looks at these stupid idiots

Donk

9. I wish more people would play the Super NES game and talk about how bad it is. It isn't a port! It's a different game like Final Fight and Mighty Final Fight! It's just not at all good, the least enjoyable Castly Vania i've played.
    Donk

10. I've not played it since it was new, but what I remember isn't encouraging. It also makes me cry that you like the SNES Stage 1 music better than the Duo Stage 1 music, with that goofy-sounding SNES guitar rubberbanding its way through an otherwise cool tune. Awful. :/

I'm nearly done with Symphony. Maybe I'll give it a shot if there's enough time.

Edit: Also it would sure be cool if we played one of the Persona 2 halves next month. Classic SMT needs some love.
    Last edited by No One; 19 May 2016 at 07:38 PM.