Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Old Folks GOTM May 2016: Rondos, Symphonies, and a Pretender

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    As far as I know there's nothing you can do in that room, but I don't know everything.

Also, Maria is in stage 2.
    Well shit I thought she was in stage 1. Ohh right regular stage 2 has you inside the castle, in the like original Castlevania area right?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    How can it be that bosses as bad as SotN's can live in a game as good as SotN? I don't think I've ever heard "but bad bosses" in an SotN conversation, but bad bosses. I'm steamrolling everything with light special weapon spam and/or the knife I found in the first ten minutes of the game. Maybe they're better in the inverted castle.
    Do you mean bad as being easy push overs, or bad as in not fun and annoying?
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Well shit I thought she was in stage 1. Ohh right regular stage 2 has you inside the castle, in the like original Castlevania area right?
    How do you solve a problem like Maria?

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    It's in stage two normal path, you get the key when that big beast is chasing you. You have to keep it and not get knocked into one of the holes in the floor. After the chase you'll go downstairs and fight some mermen and eventually reach the locked gate where Maria is located.

For fun, use the key as a weapon.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Do you mean bad as being easy push overs, or bad as in not fun and annoying?
    Not fun, easy pushovers. Many of their patterns include staying completely still for a good four seconds, inviting me to blow off about a quarter of their life.

6. I think when I get to SoTN I'm going to use the luck code for shits and giggles.

7. I seem to remember last time I played SoTN trying to keep my levels low to make the boss' more challenging.
    Where I play

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I think when I get to SoTN I'm going to use the luck code for shits and giggles.
    Ha, great idea I might do the same.

9. Axe armor, bitches. If only it could jump worth a damn.

The luck code really doesn't gimp you for very long and is what you should've been doing all along (as long as you've already got a cleared save on whatever you're playing it on). You can also use it to keep all the Alucard equipment in the beginning.

Is the game even beatable with Axe Armor?