Page 1 of 17 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Old Folks GOTM May 2016: Rondos, Symphonies, and a Pretender

1. TNL Old Folks GOTM May 2016: Rondos, Symphonies, and a Pretender

April seemed to go over well, even if I didn't complete DQ3.
    No set schedule for this, I personally am going to go Dracula X, Rondo, Symphony.

Released just before Halloween, 1993. Rondo of Blood was about as good of a Castlevania game as the world was going to get. Since it was so good, I've decided that I wasn't going to play through it because I have gems like Duck Game to play through.
    Jokes.

It was really graphically impressive, and was the first to have redbook audio in the series so enjoy that.
    Click for full size

Dracula X is the one that we unsuspecting plebs got in the states on the SUPER NANTENDA, two years later to boot.
    Click for full size

It did alright graphically, and the music was ok, but nothing compared to the CD JAMZ that Rondo pumped out.
    Click for full size

In 1997 Big Bad Sony said NO MORE 2D GAMES YOU GUYS. So Konami made Symphony of the Night. According to retronauts who are never wrong and always right. The N64 Castlevania in 3D was the way the series was supposed to go, and SotN was just an offshoot for shits and giggles. So that's nice.

Richter Belmont is the star of this show like the other 2 games.
    Click for full size

jk it's this pale fuck.
    Click for full size

Daddy Issues McGee. There is a lot of shit to do in this game, and lots of different ways to play it, so have fun.

2. I played Rondo three times in the last probably eight months (normal paths, alternate paths, then again on that gross PSP thing), but I've been meaning to play SotN again for a while.

Sure would be nice to play the PS1 version on Vita with a working sleep mode. What was the beef with the XBLA port again? Audio compression?

3. TNL Old Folks GOTM May 2016: Rondos, Symphonies, and a Pretender

Yeah. Eurogamer cites audio compression.
    Last edited by Chux; 30 Apr 2016 at 04:08 PM.

I'm only going to play the best games with playable Alucard and Richter, Akumajo Densetsu and Rondo. I replayed SotN recently enough, and no one should play SNES Dracula X. Plus, you showed a picture of the translated Densetsu, so clearly it's officially sanctioned.

5. TNL Old Folks GOTM May 2016: Rondos, Symphonies, and a Pretender

That's fine. Any game with Richter or Alucard.

I'm playing SNES Dracula for morbid curiosity.
    Last edited by Chux; 30 Apr 2016 at 05:15 PM.

6. I've never played through Castlevania III so maybe I'll give that a whirl. I could play through SOTN or Rondo yet again just because they're pretty with awesome music.

7. I have this shit on PSP. Count me in.~
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

I find myself thinking this year is 2017 pretty often as well. It's odd.

9. He's getting old. Probably doesn't even remember the ages of his kids anymore.

10. Y'all didn't see SHIT.