Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Old Folks GOTM May 2016: Rondos, Symphonies, and a Pretender

Saturn Drac X was worth playing for something different (Maria mode and the small new levels). It's great as a companion piece to the PS1 game but not as a substitute.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 01 May 2016 at 01:36 PM. Reason: typo

2. Yeah, it had the lower level with some new music and Maria mode was neat.

3. Did it change resolutions like the PS1 version, when going from menus to gameplay?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. I could go for a playthru of SotN. Its been years. Played through Rondo this year while introducing a Castlevania-loving friend to it. He went nuts for it.

I'll chat u fellow oldsters up on this shit.

I'll be taking on Rondo. I never did properly finish it.

6. My Duo is mailing back to me tomorrow, so I'm thinking I'll wait till it gets here to jump into Rondo first.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I've never played through Castlevania III so maybe I'll give that a whirl.
    I just got a Nintendo again and was debating about grabbing the first castlevania or skipping to the 3rd

I don't recommend playing Castlevania 2 in 2016 unless you have a way of playing it with the fan hacks added to it. With the hacks it's awesome.

9. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I don't recommend playing Castlevania 2 in 2016 unless you have a way of playing it with the fan hacks added to it. With the hacks it's awesome.
    I was never a fan of 2, that's why I want to go back to either the first or the 3rd one, I'll probably go back to one since I don't remember beating it then skip to 3

Castlevania 1 Protip: The holy water is the best weapon in the game.