Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Synthwave

1. Shit's fun to listen to.

2. Quote Originally Posted by PaCrappa View Post
    Animegirl's all about this shit. She posts new songs all the time: https://soundcloud.com/robotcookie-1
    Cool, I'll check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    I like the music, but it's overdone hipster trash right now. It's everywhere.
    Is it? I tend to be completely oblivious about what's popular. Besides, I've never let that kind of thing dictate what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Lol I was doing this stuff ten years ago.
    What's old is new again. Post that shit, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Shit's fun to listen to.
    Indeed!
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

I've been digging this for about 3 or 4 years now. I'll post some tracks when I drag myself to the pc room.

I've really been into this stuff for the last few months, but even though I like them, the majority of the Paris groups overtly aping 80's with names about Miami, etc I've mostly found second rate, Carpenter Brut is the absolute shit on the other hand, and the very best of em:

I dig Com Truise and Survive a lot.

To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

Its nice to see this stuff used in games, instead of the typical fake orchestrated crap

That NZSE track may actually be part of the games code Or was

The game used music surprisingly well There would be a lot of silence, and just zombie moans, then that track would start when a horde was coming from the fog and the middle section would repeat as long as the horde was coming I think it would actually get louder as the heavy was coming

I think they've subdued it in patches I personally thought it was brilliant It really gave it a 80s vhs zombie movie feel

I love this thread.

Matt Gray did a nice 2015 remix of his 1988 Last Ninja 2 music. https://soundcloud.com/mattgrayc64/m...inja-2-central

8. John Carpenter is the master:

9. The hotline miami soundtracks have a bunch also.

some labels to check on bandcamp.

Future City Records
    New Retro wave
    outrun europa

10. Nice, looks like I've got a bunch of new music to dig into.

@Vasteel - Com Truise is tits. Saw him live at Camp Bisco back in 2013. His performance (and Dirtyphonics) was the highlight of the festival for me.

My favorite:

...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.