Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (PC, PS4, One)

1. What the hell Ubisoft? You can't run this game on Ultra Settings @1080p with a GTX 1080. The physics are handled by the CPU, and even my 4790K @4.7 Ghz gets hammered on all 8 threads because of how poorly it was coded. The game will drop as low as 34fps and then up to the upper 70s. I had to run it on a default Very High Settings with Vsync locked to maintain a smooth gaming experience. My graphics card was pretty much running as well as a GTX 1060 would run this game at those settings, because the CPU usage is a huge bottleneck.

2. I have a similar set up, running at 4.0 instead of 4.7, and ya the game chugs at times. Or at least it did. I ran it tonight for the first time since the patch, and though it choked at first it then ran pretty smooth. Not 60 locked smooth, but it was vastly improved over previous nights.

3. I ran it tonight with the latest updates. My GPU downclocked to @1500Mzh, because the CPU was a big-time bottleneck.

4. I tweaked some settings and overclocked my GPU's VRAM to 11Ghz and the core to @2100. I set up a custom setting with Ultra textures, Ultra detail, SMAA, HBAO+, and AOx8. My GPU rarely went over 85% usage and I'd occasionally dip below 60fps. All 8 of my threads hit at least 97%, according to Afterburners records. I turned off Nvidia's goofy grass technology.