Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 82929495969798 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Season

1. The Jets might compete for worst offense relative to the league his year, their #1 WR with a whole 80 career catches is out for the year

Also the way Kaepeenick has been treated is absurd, and I'm actually a Cutler fan
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 07 Aug 2017 at 03:17 PM.

2. Regarding Kaep I am wondering right now if he's asking for too much money, because if that's not it then ya, he should be on a team.

3. Why bring on a shitty backup QB that might blow up your locker room or at least bring in unnecessary controversy?

4. Because he doesn't, really. This is mainly butthurtism. What is the controversy? Right now, it's "Why hasn't he been signed?" If he was, it'd pretty much be over. This isn't some Tebow mania nonsense with a bunch of Bible thumping assclowns running around. Which is funny because there's a high overlap between them and the people mad at Kaepernick.

I think he was probably outside of the Seahawks' range. He either wants a medium amount of money (which the Seahawks can't afford) or any money at all with a chance to play and parlay into a contract (which he wouldn't with Wilson ahead of him and never misses a game). I'm not saying he's great, but he's probably (almost definitely) a top 30 QB and a lot of the ones behind him aren't going to improve to be better than he is.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 07 Aug 2017 at 08:01 PM.

5. Kaepernick has given a press conference with a fucking Castro shirt and praised him, gee I wonder if that would go over well in MIAMI.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 07 Aug 2017 at 09:48 PM.

6. Yeah but there are no pro football fans in Miami

But yeah, Miami is probably the worst team for him

7. There are plenty of shitty QBs to choose from, what is so special about Kaep?

8. He's better than all of them? He's not better than the best QBs, and not really even better than the Good QBs (though he could be if he has figured out his diet and had some people who can catch and not be injured all the time), but he's fucking miles better than the Blake Bortles of the world.

The team that SHOULD sign him is Oakland. Vegas. Wherever they play now. That team DIED when Carr went down last year and ended a playoff run that could have been a Superbowl team. Now that Cutler has gone to Miami (if he has, I haven't seen the latest), Kaep is the best thing on the market.

9. QBs are prima donnas. They don't want a former SB QB riding the pine behind them. There is a reason that Charlie Whitehurst kept getting work.

This story only has legs because ESPN has taken upon itself to act as Kaepernick's unofficial agent. Hopefully when the games start this all goes away.

10. The big problem with Kap, along with RG3 is that they need to be in a read option offense to be successful. Their coaches tried to change them into pure passing quarterbacks and they both failed to deliver under those circumstances, because a big part of what makes them great is their ability to scramble and keep defenses on their toes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBx5tT_iI4
    Last edited by gamevet; 07 Aug 2017 at 11:11 PM.