Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Kids and Games #We'reGettingOld

My parents used to lock me out of the house (age 6 and up ) and I'd fuck about the neighborhood. I'd probably get arrested for doing that with my kid.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

I had hundreds of pirated games as a kid but I still spent most of my time playing outside.

3. My five year old loves all the Lego games, particularly Dimensions. He's gotten pretty good at the puzzles and everything. On an older game note, we spent like 2 hours playing the emulated Rampage arcade game in the Midway Games level pack. He also likes watching me play Portal 2. All of the Angry Birds are frequently played as well.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I have said that, but the reality is I probably would have found an even more destructive outlet for my compulsion.
    Yeah That is true

Sure seems like a lot of the kids I grew up with that were too poor for games now have 3 kids, still live in the same small town, and appear to be alcholics, so doing something better with your time just because games are not available is not an automatic outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    My parents used to lock me out of the house (age 6 and up ) and I'd fuck about the neighborhood. I'd probably get arrested for doing that with my kid.
    I think from like 5 to the first grade I was living at a farm house in the middle of nowhere and I'd play in the woods I'm probably lucky I'm not dead from snakes and old freezers in the woods

I recall there being cabins out there, with 5 or 6 foot tall fire ant beds

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    You trollin, bro? This is how to start fights.

7. yes, I'm not.

8. My daughter is 10(!) now and her taste are pretty varied in the hobby. She is a PC gamer first and foremost. Enjoys games where she can be creative and can put her own spin on things. She is pretty awesome at Team Fortress 2 and has no problem play a support class if the team needs one. It's pretty awesome!

She's also a Nintendo kid. Loves her 3DS and playing Smash and Mario Kart on Wii U. She's pretty good at fighting games in general since joysticks were the first way she learned to play games on. Her first "game" was Sonic 1 on a PS2 comp using a stick and she went from there.

I went home and became a family man and it's been great

9. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I had hundreds of pirated games as a kid but I still spent most of my time playing outside.
    I was the same way. I went where the action was. In the summer time games where a nighttime thing I would do to wind down after playing outside all day.