Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1

1. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    To be fair there has never been a game called Battlefield or Battlefield 1. I agree it's a bit confusing and I would rather they had not chosen to do it, but at least its not like the Xbox.
    I don't get it. How is it different?

2. It's not that it's the first BF game chronologically... it's World War 1.

It really doesn't matter anyway... I just want to see some MP footage. I don't care at all about the campaign.

Everything they have announced so far seems like nothing has progressed. I don't even think they announced which version of Frostbite this was running on.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

3. They'll have a break down at their presser I'm sure. I'd bet that it's a modified FB2. They haven't hyped anything new in the press.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I don't get it. How is it different?
    It's different in my mind ok.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Do people still want old ass shit anymore? Have we come full circle and gotten burnt out by COD4 and later games (which at the time was a HUGE breath of fresh air from every god damn WWII game)?
    WW1 is not the same as WW2. It's underplayed in games, but just as compelling. There's a lot of potential. This looks great.

But there's a truth to the way this industry chases trends so hard that people get bored and old becomes new. There was a time when WW2 shooters were utterly played out, but now, not so much.

6. I would totally play a new WW2 shooter. Imagine BC2's destruction in the French countryside.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    But there's a truth to the way this industry chases trends so hard that people get bored and old becomes new. There was a time when WW2 shooters were utterly played out, but now, not so much.
    I believe the term "cycle" applies here.

8. Can you play as Captain Blackadder? Because I'm in if you can play as Captain Blackadder.

9. Beta impressions...

SLOW AS FUCKKKKKKKK. Dynamite is GARBAGE against tanks. Snipers EVERYWHERE. FEELS LIKE A BATTLEFRONT MOD.

DICE IS DEAD!!