Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: The VR thread

1. Valve released this app called Destinations for viewing photogrammetry captures in VR. It's basically just a breezy viewer for things like The Lab's photo scenes, but they put together some simple guides for end-to-end creation. For shits, I captured my Temjin figure with my cell phone and blew it up to human-size as my test:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701500083

Works on both Rift and Vive, though when it comes to positioning Destinations doesn't seem to get my Rift height right?
    Last edited by Tain; 11 Jun 2016 at 04:14 AM.

2. You have to set up Steam VR's floor height and make sure the rift's sensor can see the floor when you do it.

That's pretty awesome. I need to give that a whirl some time... after the other 100 things I haven't had time to try.

4. I finally tried my consumer Rift. It's much better all around. I wish it was still a bit higher resolution though. Going to try Project Cars with it.

5. Tell me how that is senpai

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Valve released this app called Destinations for viewing photogrammetry captures in VR. It's basically just a breezy viewer for things like The Lab's photo scenes, but they put together some simple guides for end-to-end creation. For shits, I captured my Temjin figure with my cell phone and blew it up to human-size as my test:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701500083

Works on both Rift and Vive, though when it comes to positioning Destinations doesn't seem to get my Rift height right?
    Giant VR wangs are due any day now.

7. The VR support in Polynomial 2 is very early, only being added in the last day and still not tuned for comfort, but that game is amazingly pretty to be inside.

I played that game in 1996 at Excalibur in Las Vegas.

9. Serious Sam VR. Lookin' like Space Pirate Trainer, which I'm totally fine with.

10. I want to get in on the VR fun, but I can't make up my mind. I like the idea of just using a game pad with a Rift (not too keen on full body waggle). But I also like how the Vive seems to work seamlessly with Steam. Ugh. I should probably just wait and let the dust settle, but I don't want to.

When end you get right down to it, I want the one with the best game library (current, and for the foreseeable future). Which one is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.