Page 18 of 84 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: The VR thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    I have a Rift... what are you some games to demonstrate VR that are available on steam or the oculus store?

I have:

Project Cars
    EVE: Valkyrie
    Titans of Space 2.0 is amazing, and also fun to strap people into who may not be quite so gaming-oriented.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    Got to give the PSVR a go after about an hour and a half wait. Having no VR experience, I was pretty impressed with VR in general but I didn't come away feeling I need the PSVR. Not getting to spend more the 7 minutes didn't help, and I hope to have a little more hands on time with it at some point. I was able to forgot with the headset a little bit, but it never was able to sit flush ok my face. If I looked down my nose, I could see a little bit of the floor, and the edges of my vision were blurry, while the center looked pretty good. There was a PS notification that kept Poppins my up but it was so blurry I couldn't make it out a bit. I'm going to choke that up to it being a demo unit that had been adjusted hundreds of times that day and trying to get it to fit right while also having headphones on over it. Overall though, I am really excited for VR and want to see how it works on Scorpio.
    Yeah, it sounds like you didn't adjust the distance of the front of the unit correctly. There's a little button that lets you slide it to adjust the distance of the lenses to your eyes.

My demo was longer too, probably like 15 minutes. I got to pick any two of the demos they had available.

3. I was trying to adjust it, but the lady didn't do a great job of putting it on my head with the headphones they were using. I really thought the experience was awesome though. The deep dive demo for PS VR Worlds was a great intro experience. I'm totally in on VR. Just not sure when I will actually jump in myself.

4. I'm trying to figure out if I can work the budget to fit in another $400 this fall but it's looking unlikely. Plus finding a headset not in a bundle pack sounds like it'll be a major quest. I want PS VR but don't see it happening until next year.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Overall very good. Rift/Vive owners probably don't have a lot to be jealous of, other than the library of games, perhaps, but it doesn't feel like a second-class experience. It's very good for what it is.
    I just got back and yeah, I had the same experience. It's impressive for the hardware and price point, and basically feels like a polished version of the Rift DK2.

But Battlezone, damn. Game seems great and I'll absolutely be getting that for PC.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    a polished version of the Rift DK2.
    That might be selling short how much the lack of screen-door effect helps. Also the comfort.

But Battlezone, damn. Game seems great and I'll absolutely be getting that for PC.
    Definitely. Of all the vehicular free-movement games, this is the one that felt the smoothest and didn't feel dizzy when turning. There's something about movement that this game gets very right.

7. OK, I have been fiddling with Project Cars VR for a while. It's really cool. Even at it's most arcade-y, it's still a sim. And I think faster cars work better because of the lowish detail/resolution. I think we are one generation of this behind 'PS4/XBO photorealism', although to be fair some of the non PCars stuff I have messed around with looks better. Also, you won't be able to use certain options at the same detail and keep a good frame rate (unless you turn everything way down, probably). But it's fun. I wouldn't use the word presence, but one of the neatest little things is having to actually look around in real life to look through your mirrors just as you would a regular car (instead of moving the stick behind you). I played with a pad and it controls well. Again, it's not an arcade game. I would kill for a Horizon 3 built from the ground up for VR support. If you want a nice racing game to use the headset with, this is probably as good as any so far, but if you really hate sim racers, I don't know if I would get it unless it was super cheap.

8. I hope Assetto Corsa implements VR by the end of the year like they want, it's a bit better in the sim department than PC is.

Dirt Rally was supposed to get VR support turned back on a bit ago. I think you own it, did you try it out yet?

9. I didn't know that, let me check it out.

10. The more I think about the Move the more I worry about its tracking quality. Old IMUs, and the only optical correction is in the form of a singular dot and not a formation. But people praise that Heist demo, right? Really wish I could have tried a Move demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    That might be selling short how much the lack of screen-door effect helps. Also the comfort.
    True, my description doesn't really do it justice.