Page 23 of 84 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: The VR thread

1. That sounds like a reasonable assumption based on my headset purchase.

2. It all comes down to phrenology.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Are the VR users in this thread using it a fair amount, or has there been a drop off in usage?
    I still use VR plenty, but I'm always working on game development stuff with it. Excluding that I'm always keeping an eye out on whatever's free/cheap/new on Vive (which is generally fun as a novelty, but I'm still waiting for more beefy roomscale games). I haven't put any multi-hour sessions into playing a VR game since beating Chronos a couple weeks back, but I'm very much a one-game-at-a-time kind of guy and lately my focus has been Shiren the Wanderer on PSTV.

Next up is probably Eve Valkyrie or House of the Dying Sun, as I'm in the mood for a VR space sim. I'm also curious about the new Rift robot fighting game by Eighting.
    Last edited by Tain; 22 Aug 2016 at 01:19 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Are the VR users in this thread using it a fair amount, or has there been a drop off in usage?
    I've dropped off some since beating Edge of Nowhere, but I still use it a couple times a week. Some of that is that I've been spending my money elsewhere lately and haven't wanted to buy new games until I finish some of the non-VR games I already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    I'm also curious about the new Rift robot fighting game by Eighting.
    I didn't realize that game was by Eighting. Now I'm more curious, but probably not $40 curious.

5. Yeah, it's just listed as being by COLOPL, Inc. (publisher), but some googling around shows it's an 8ing game: http://www.8ing.net/index.html#18

And I still want to play Edge of Nowhere, that's another one.

Good news came out of The Virtual Reality Developers Conference, especially when looking forward:

I wish there were a way to filter the mobile stuff out of there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. I think it's a mistake to list Vive as a platform. SteamVR/OpenVR is the platfom, Vive is just one piece of hardware.

None of this is surprising. Oculus is not doing a great job of making the Oculus store appealing outside of moneyhatting exclusives. Especially with Touch bringing solid feature parity, SteamVR just makes more sense.

I would like to see Daydream get some kind of traction, but it doesn't look bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I think it's a mistake to list Vive as a platform. SteamVR/OpenVR is the platfom, Vive is just one piece of hardware.
    I had this exact same thought when I saw the list. I think the most surprising item is how little support PSVR is getting. Sony seems to be going with the high profile approach but with little volume. Those games should be just about done at this point for an October launch, so it's no longer a case of being early.

9. How many console developers go to GDC?

10. That PS VR number is quite low. My guess is that a big chunk of the stuff listed there is indie tech demo type shit like we have seen.