Page 28 of 84 FirstFirst ... 142426272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: The VR thread

1. Yep, I finally agree with you. I wish I'd bought a Vive too. Oh well, I was figuring generation 2 would be Steam VR anyway. Now I just have an extra reason.

2. that's pretty irritating.

Now that he is swimming in his Facebook gold vault he might as well try to protect it.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

3. SUPERHYPERCUBE (Polytron's new game) is dropping Oculus support.

What that means specifically, idk. Not being on the Oculus store is a given, and it probably won't support the Oculus API natively. SteamVR means that the game WILL support the Rift, though, unless they outright detect it and stop it from running lol.

This whole thing with Palmer is... annoying, disappointing. Their DRM misstep was dumb as hell, but the Rift hardware does some things better than the Vive that I'd like to see future headsets adapt. I think there's some merit in Oculus' curation-based approach and funding of larger VR games (I think it compliments the Steam wild west pretty well). They've published a surprising amount of good games in the short period of time they've been around. Timewarp is great, and I've seen some other stuff software-side that I like but can't really talk about. Touch is really nice, too, and they seem to offer great developer support.

I'm hoping against hope that FB drops Luckey. I don't think I can mess with the Oculus store otherwise.
    Last edited by Tain; 23 Sep 2016 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm never buying SUPERHYPERCUBE then. If they're anti-free speech, they belong with Facebook and can fuck off.

Other than their aptitude for authoritarian censorship, how in the fuck could Facebook drop Luckey? He'd have grounds for maybe the largest individual lawsuit of all-time.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 23 Sep 2016 at 03:57 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    anti-free speech... authoritarian censorship
    You're precious.

6. Yoshi, Polytron didn't say that Palmer Luckey doesn't have the right to say and do with his money the things he says and does. They just don't want anything to do with it. They're clearly pro-free speech, because that's how it works. Fuckers like Luckey can say what they say, and companies like Polytron can decide that they don't want anything to do with it. Freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequence.
    Agreed, and theirs is that I am not buying their game(s).

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    anti-free speech
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Agreed
    What the fuck is wrong with you

I disagree with him about them not being anti-free speech, but I agree that free speech is not freedom from consequence. It's not that hard.

10. Polytron is voting with their wallet by not supporting oculus. They're anti free speech.
    You're voting with your wallet by not supporting Polytron. You're a real american.

You don't see the contradiction here?