Page 36 of 84 FirstFirst ... 223234353637384050 ... LastLast

Thread: The VR thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Way better video of Polybius giving a better sense of how things fit together. It's straight .mp4, non-Youtube-

https://s3.amazonaws.com/llamasoftmu...s/Polybius.mp4
    That looks pretty great. It's odd watching VR footage where no one ever moves their head, though.

2. Prototype of next gen Vive controllers leaked. Seems like they're borrowing from Touch, but sticking with the touchpad.

https://mobile.twitter.com/downtohoe...46032611233792

Looks more ergonomic for sure, but also seems like they're playing catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    These assholes are really charging $100 for a two pack of move controllers?!
    Are these the exact same Move controllers every store was clearancing out for $10 a few years back?

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Are these the exact same Move controllers every store was clearancing out for $10 a few years back?
    Yes, the exact same.

5. Got to mess with the PSVR a bunch last night. Mostly tried the demo disc.

Rez is cool in VR, but disappointingly... big? Like, everything's so spaced out that I don't feel much of a sense of depth and I question whether the game even respects positional tracking at all. But it's still gorgeous and smooth. Looking forward to trying Area X but who knows when iam8bit will ship the game that I paid for.

The Playroom VR stuff is cute and I'm surprised at the quality of some of the scenes given that the PS4 is rendering them in both VR and on the TV from a different perspective. IQ really nosedives in certain minigames, though.

Thumper demo ruled. Cool game, pretty perfect VR support.

SuperHyperCube is surprisingly good, too. A fairly straightforward arcade-structured action-puzzle game, more appealing to me than Fez.

We had to charge the move controllers, so I'll try out some Move games tonight. The DS4 tracking is very limited in range but it actually works better than I expected. I don't think the Move will hold up quite as well but we'll see.
    Last edited by Tain; 14 Oct 2016 at 10:10 AM.

6. I think VR is in the zone PC gaming used to be, as in "I might get multiplatform games here even if they're inferior because at least they work hassle free". Is that fair to say about PSVR?
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 14 Oct 2016 at 11:20 AM.

7. I'd say that if you stay away from Steam Early Access stuff, VR on PC is actually pretty polished at this point. A huge leap from the DK2 days. The big-name games on Steam and just about all the games that I've seen on the Oculus store run without hassle assuming you meet the generally accepted minimum of a GTX 970. A lot of games don't even have visual options. It's surprisingly console-like.

I feel like the Oculus timewarp stuff and the PSVR equivalent go a long way in making games feel smooth even when you're dropping frames. SteamVR really needs this, and if you have a Vive and your PC is on the edge of the spec I could see going PSVR for a seated game for that reason.

8. Well, I didn't puke. The headset is comfortable and there's very little screen door. Resolution is lower than the Rift to be sure. Driveclub was fun enough that I will buy it. Thumper looks cool but I don't know if I quite understand the game. Rez is nice but I swear there's slowdown in it (at least the demo)????

It's a user-friendly device, I'd rather use it than the Rift, all things considered.

9. Yeah I saw the slowdown in Rez, too. Weird stuff, causes the music to be a bit off? Hopefully that isn't around in the full game.

10. FWIW, the 8-4 guys stated in the last podcast that the demo was an early build.