Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 374749505152535565 ... LastLast

Thread: The VR thread

1. I got it, but I wasn't able to download it in time to play last night. Hopefully tonight I can put some time into it.

2. Played about an hour of it last night. The atmosphere is very impressive. The gameplay seems to be varied, mostly some version of manipulating objects and some light inventory puzzles that practically scream at you what to do. Haven't gotten to combat yet.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

3. Got the beta for Airtone today and, while I've only played a two songs on easy so far, it's pretty great. I'd have played more but it's already warm, and sweating inside a headset isn't fun.

If you're curious how it's played- hit yellow by smacking it, pull the trigger on green, pull trigger and hold on the pink lines, and pull both triggers and wave your hands like an idiot on the long parallel lines. I'm really liking the little I've played so far, but I'm glad nobody's watching. I'm also looking forward to putting people in the headset with Airtone and watching them play.

Last edited by James; 30 Apr 2017 at 01:48 AM.

4. Nice, I'm definitely interested. Going from Audioshield to Soundboxing was great as it let me go from weak auto-generated charts to human-generated ones, but Soundboxing's tracks are all community Youtube-based ones. This looks like another step forward polish-wise.

5. Couple of other notes on Airtone, now I think on it- VR is perfect for music games. Like Thumper in VR, I'm all of a sudden far better than I ever considered myself. The zero lag from the headset does amazing things for my timing. Sure, song 1 on Easy is no major feat, but I 100%-ed it first try with all Perfects. I'd usually have a note or two be rated Good or Adequate or We're Giving It To You But Really You Suck. Unfamiliar song, never seen/heard before, 100% Perfect on all notes, and I can only attribute that to VR screen response.

The other thing is that anime-girl flying along is an android/robot thingy and you start in her room. She's voiced in English, and while the voice acting is barely passable it's not an obnoxious squeak like I'd have expected. She sounds normal, albeit slightly congested in her intonation. It makes for a nice change from overly-cutesy, knocking bats from the sky, anime dub standard.

6. Polybius is out on PSVR. I really want to check it out but I'm waiting for a PC release.

7. I've played a bit of in on a flat old tv but am really waiting on the PC version too. Really can't wait to get a feel for it inside there, it's already easy enough to lose yourself in the game without the VR treatment.

8. Oh, it isn't VR exclusive?

Also, BattleZone hit the Oculus store today. Lot of good VR games lately.

9. Yup, been looking forward to finally playing Battlezone beyond the demo.

Microsoft announced their motion controllers, $400 for headset + controllers. Apparently they're tracked by the headset, which means they need to be in line of sight for any sort of accurate tracking to take place. I know that realistically this is the only way it could work without external sensors (which is a good goal), but after playing motion-controlled VR games for a while it's kind of insane how often you do things with your hands while they're out of sight. I'm skeptical that these will be all that useful for fast-paced games, but they should be dope for production purposes.

On the plus side, the headsets alone are apparently very good at tracking themselves (hands-on demos were of the headset only).
    Last edited by Tain; 11 May 2017 at 05:34 PM.

10. I see no reason why inside out tracking can't be panoramic.