Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 405052535455565868 ... LastLast

Thread: The VR thread

I don't understand your fascination with these Youtuber idiots. There is no way I'm clicking that and giving that guy a dime.

2. It's not like I'm throwing up a video from pewdie pie or IGN. I don't watch every video from these guys either. He shows the game in action and talks about what is cool about the game.
    Last edited by gamevet; 11 Jun 2017 at 10:45 AM.

3. I played a few hours of Bridge Commander over the weekend and it is definitely neat. The individual roles aren't thrilling by themselves but the communication required makes the game stand out, of course.

Only got to try three player, we started failing a few missions in. Looking forward to playing more.

4. Oculus was dead serious when they said one major first-party game per month this year. Lone Echo is out on July 20, less than a month after Mage's Tale.

They've also spun the multiplayer out into its own game, which will be free to all Oculus owners. Presumably to ensure a high userbase:

5. So uh, you guys did notice that Skyrim VR thing for PSVR yes?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    So uh, you guys did notice that Skyrim VR thing for PSVR yes?
    Yeah, it's pretty lame.

7. VR still seems way undercooked to me.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. When used right it's incredibly effective, but we're still in the PS1-equivalent era of VR.

9. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    VR still seems way undercooked to me.
    A year ago, maybe, but there's a LOT of good shit now. I play it as much as regular games.

What it's been missing is big gaming IP. So stuff like Skyrim and Fallout 4 (and RE7) are big deals. But as far as good games? I feel like there's more good games than there were on PS4 in year one.

10. There absolutely are. Throw Xbox One in there, too.

When you consider all the hurdles in place for VR, it's insane that year one had such a solid lineup.

Currently my main two single-player games are Airtone and Battlezone. Lone Echo and Mage's Tale are on the horizon and look dope, and I have a bit of a VR backlog growing by now.