Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6979818283

Thread: The VR thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Quest Link is impressive. It's not quite as good as using a Rift S when you compare them back to back, but the tracking feels native. It's a super-consistent experience and whatever latency is present is extremely well-hidden. I'd still say that a Rift S is a better buy if your main thing is going to be PC gaming (more comfortable, the cable rests in the headset less strangely, better visuals), but man, what a good feature to add to the Quest via software updates. It's a legitimate option as a PC headset.
    Worth mentioning that the performance with existing cables is considered sub optimal. Oculus is releasing their own purpose-built fiber optic cable later that promises better performance.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Quest Link is impressive. It's not quite as good as using a Rift S when you compare them back to back, but the tracking feels native. It's a super-consistent experience and whatever latency is present is extremely well-hidden. I'd still say that a Rift S is a better buy if your main thing is going to be PC gaming (more comfortable, the cable rests in the headset less strangely, better visuals), but man, what a good feature to add to the Quest via software updates. It's a legitimate option as a PC headset.
    Worth mentioning that the performance with existing cables is considered sub optimal. Oculus is releasing their own purpose-built fiber optic cable later that promises better performance.

3. Tech costs too much sadly, I'll just wait here for it get less expensive and will join you in VR chat guys ))
    In dream my friend, in your dreams...