Thread: PlayStation store closing for PS3, PSP and Vita this summer.

1. PlayStation store closing for PS3, PSP and Vita this summer.

https://www.polygon.com/22356858/pla...load-purchases

Quote Originally Posted by polygon
    Sony confirmed on Monday that PlayStation Store access for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and PlayStation Portable will end this summer. The PS3 and PS Vita stores close Aug. 27, 2021; the PSP’s remaining purchase functions will end on July 2, 2021.

PS3, Vita, and PSP owners will still be able to re-download and play any games they’ve purchased through the PlayStation Store. Users can still redeem voucher codes for games and PlayStation Plus, too.

Additionally, multi-platform cross-buy purchases are still possible, meaning users can still buy content made available to both PlayStation 4 and PS3, PS Vita, and/or PSP. Players can still access their content by way of the Download List, on their respective device.

Sony also specified that these store closures will not affect any user’s PlayStation Now subscription, or their access to PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita titles they claimed through their PlayStation Plus subscription. Those may still be re-downloaded as long as their PlayStation Plus membership remains current. PlayStation Plus’ last month of PS3 and PS Vita titles was February 2019.

But all new purchases are now over. This goes for buying any new game or video content, as well as in-game purchases, on PS3, PS Vita, or PSP. As a result, players can no longer redeem gift cards through these devices, either; any money still in a user’s PSN wallet can be used only to buy content for PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
    I was checking out some youtuber's videos on this, to see what games they would suggest, as well as tips for downloading your old purchased titles. I acquired a PS2 slim about a year and a half ago, so I decided to check purchase list and downloaded After Burner Climax onto my backup PS3. While I was there, I decided to check out if Daytona USA was available. Digital Foundry did a video about the game and they'd said that it was no longer available on PSN or Xbox game stores. I managed to find it by typing in USA and bought the title for $10.

Anyone else have plans to get their final purchases and do you have any suggestions for the rest of us?

2. I tried to get the Bloody Roar games on the PS3 but I kept getting errors in the store. I bought my first PS3 last year and bought most of the rare games I wanted in the store then. I'd love to get some of the japan-only games but since the store is acting up, I'm not going to chance getting a card only for the store not to work so I guess I'm outta luck.

I like the PS1 games that are available. The Suikoden games, Mega-Man legends and Tron Bonne. Castlevania Chronicles. Hard Corps, Capcom vs SNK 2! Lots of good stuff in there if you can get through the store.
    Last edited by Changeling; 04 Apr 2021 at 07:04 AM.

3. I’ve had no issues with it. I purchased a $25 PS store card yesterday, registered it and picked up Suikoden, along with Sonic CD.

4. It worked for me as well. For whatever reason Bloody Roar games are gone now so maybe thats why I had issues. I picked up Tron Bonne, Klonoa, Contra Shattered Soldiers and Vagrant Story. Klonoa brings back lots of good memories!

5. I’ve been thinking about getting Klonoa. The price of a physical copy is just insane.

6. I'd recommend the Namco Museum series, Zanac Neo, Mortal Kombat 9 (get on both PS3 and Vita), Strider 2, Tokyo Xanadu EX, the Ys games, Tekken 6 and Tag 2, and Ninja Gaiden 1/2/3. Just now I did make sure to grab Hard Corps.

May this not be the future of the PS4 store. PS5's backward compatibility should help there. Shame Sony didn't emulate PS3 and earlier with the PS5. PS5 should have enough power to play PS3 games in 4K.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I’ve been thinking about getting Klonoa. The price of a physical copy is just insane.
    The price of most retro games is ridiculous these days. Playstation prices are starting to look like Sega Saturn prices. I wanted to pick up a copy of Silent Hill the other day and it's floating around $200 on ebay!

8. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Tokyo Xanadu EX
    I played through Tokyo Xanadu EX+ on the PS4 a few months back. It's a fun action RPG, and I loved all the easter eggs/references to Trails of Cold Steel in it.

9. I need to get Afterburner Climax before it shuts down. Is it possible to get Outrun or Daytona?

10. I picked up Daytona last week. I already have Afterburner Climax and I was unable to find it by doing a search for it in the store. I believe that it isn't available anymore.