Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6272747576777880 ... LastLast

Thread: The VR thread

1. Picked up the VR version of Wipeout for the PS4. Wow that's a pretty game. Haven't played a lot of it yet but I can see playing a bunch more. VR felt comfortable and not at all disorienting.

2. Oculus teasing a new game from Insomniac to be announced next week. It's hinted to be open-world and something larger in scope than their earlier projects, but there's very little real information.

3. It's been revealed. Stormland. It looks fucking sick:

4. Stormland looks crazy ambitious. Open-world, full locomotion, exploration, FPS, co-op. It reads like a wishlist of what people wanted after playing first-gen VR games (and really, it might be exactly that). 2019 release date too, which means this might be something made on like a 3 year dev cycle and a borderline AAA budget. Oculus has been promising the games they'd announce from now on would be bigger and fewer, and that seems to be true.

I'm pretty excited. I still want to see more of the storytelling and campaign, but I feel like this is going to be a much needed big game for VR.

5. I think that makes sense, especially considering the Respawn game on the way too.

Oh, and Moss is on PC now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/846470/Moss/

6. Yeah, Ready at Dawn seems to be working on a follow up to Lone Echo, too. But they're all not coming out until 2019 at the earliest, with a pretty big gap for 2018 (we have that okay-looking Marvel game, and Defector at the end of the year, but it's pretty thin). This is going to be the real gen 2 for software.

VR really needs this badly. I personally love a lot of the 5-10 hour AA games that are out, but there's clearly a contingent of gamers out there that want something in VR that feels broadly analogous to the games they play on console in both scope and genre. "Breath of the Wild meets Destiny, from the developers of Spider-Man and Ratchet and Clank" is a pretty damn compelling pitch to those people.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    They seriously need to expand that platformer in VR Playroom into a full-fledged title. Really damn good, but there's so little of it.
    Sony was keeping a pretty low profile with PSVR stuff at E3, so this kinda flew under the radar, buuuut HEY LOOK, my wish was granted!

I'm jazzed!

Tain where the fuck is info on your game, how am I supposed to hype it?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. Releasing media is tough (though most everything I've shown is on https://twitter.com/horizonvanguard), I'm a stickler. But hey, I got a serious radar-related optimization done the other day which means ~ more bullets ~ !
    Last edited by Tain; 20 Jun 2018 at 01:07 PM.

10. Valve Knuckles EV2: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1411984190

Same strap-in and open-palm finger tracking as the last prototype, but now there are cap sensors and force sensors all over the place. And they even included a thumbstick this time! All my bellyaching feels so justified.

They've also made a generalized skeletal input system so hands can be read and represented as accurately as possible regardless of what controller is being used:

vs

this is all so sick, give it to me now