Page 56 of 84 FirstFirst ... 425254555657586070 ... LastLast

Thread: The VR thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I realized how many more I have on my wishlist too: Audioshield, Batman: Arkham VR, Battle Dome, Battlezone, Eagle Flight, FORM, Ghost Town Mine Ride & Shootin' Gallery, HoloBall, HordeZ, A Legend of Luca, Onward, Pinball FX2 VR, Redout, Sairento VR, Serious Sam VR, The Solus Project, Space Pirate Trainer, Subnautica, Superhot VR, Trackmania Turbo, and Windlands.
    Short thoughts on a few of these:

Battlezone: Pretty damn cool. It's strictly seated and the Steam version doesn't support tracked controllers (this is superficial in the Oculus and PSVR versions and doesn't affect gameplay, but seeing your controller is a nice touch), but it's a really good reimagining of the arcade game with a roguelike structure reminiscent of the BattleZone 2000 hidden mode.
    Superhot VR: One of the best VR games. Aside from Robo Recall, it's the best VR shooter I've played. It's a little light on content, but still a must buy.
    Trackmania Turbo: Recommended, but don't buy it just for the VR. The VR is not the full game, it's a separate, much smaller campaign, I think 40 tracks, and they're on the easy side as well, so don't expect to spend more than a couple hours on the VR stuff. The rest of the game is massive and excellent, with a ton of content and some of the series best environments, so it's worth it overall.

2. Thumper is a gamepad music game that rules in VR. Motion controller VR music games are Audioshield, Soundboxing, and Airtone. Audioshield sucks compared to the other two imo. Soundboxing is neat if you find good charts, but it's all user charts set to YouTube music so quality varies drastically. Airtone, however, is more professional and traditional and imo the best for it: it's nothing but tight charts set to original music, complete with very polished everything else.

Battlezone rules. A surprisingly hardcore hovertank FPS that puts me in all sorts of tense situation where I can't help but be reminded of Steel Battalion.

Space Pirate Trainer is probably the best of the "pure" roomscale (no teleportation) wave shooters. Good intro to VR, bit of a workout, shield is dope. It needs more environmental and enemy variety though.
    Last edited by Tain; 25 Jun 2017 at 07:58 PM.

That's lame about Trackmania Turbo, but everyone should still have the game, it's great.

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    That's lame about Trackmania Turbo, but everyone should still have the game, it's great.
    Yeah, I get why they did it -- the tracks and camera are designed with VR comfort in mind in the VR campaign. But it's a shame not to even have the option for the rest of the game, even if it isn't going to be as ideal.

5. Had another VR Party at the brewpub. Although we do have a lot of "regulars" now (this is our fourth one), by far my favorite thing is seeing the reactions of newbies! Although people do seem to be exposed to stuff like GearVR, the roomscale experience with hand tracking still absolutely blows peoples minds. I think it'll be a few years yet before everyone who wants to try it actually has access to try it.

I really want that new deluxe headstrap and I really want the wireless TP-CAST tech... if only because I don't use VR enough when I'm alone at home and they would ease things considerably. Cat chasing cord has proved to be more of a nuisance than I ever anticipated...

Also, picked up a few things for uber cheap with the summer sale. Spacecats with Lasers is a pretty great introductory game for people (and quite fun for anyone). Better than expected!

6. Space Cats with Lasers- I'd never touch it without a recommendation but with, eh, it clears my "about the price of a soda" minimum, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Arizona Sunshine is ok-ish.
    Why didn't you link your review?

8. Echo Arena is way better than expected. It's got that Rocket League quality to it where it's easy to play but there's a lot of skill and teamwork to give it depth. It seems perfect for esports.

I do have my worries about a VR-exclusive that requires 10 people to get a game. Even one-on-one games like Unspoken can occasionally have long waits for players. I hope it can pull in a dedicated scene.

9. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Space Cats with Lasers- I'd never touch it without a recommendation but with, eh, it clears my "about the price of a soda" minimum, so why not?
    Yeah totally. My friend gifted it to me. It's honestly like a more approachable Xortex with a bit more choices through its progression.

I also noticed the theme is so ridiculous that it's just over the top enough for someone who is hesitant about VR to try it out. It's much more appealing than another "so in this one, you're also shooting drones..."
    Last edited by Toupee; 26 Jun 2017 at 12:57 PM.

10. Hello ya'll,

More spam about Raybeem. I'm planning to release it within the next month if everything goes right (if ever). I'm getting fearful that nobody is gonna want this thing the closer to release I get but it's the name of the game!

We've now got a Raybeem Steam page up, so please add it to your wishlist!

Raybeem Promo Comic

Our homie Ramiro Roman created this promo comic for Raybeem. It's the size of a CD booklet, we passed these out during E3. You can check the full thing on our site or Instagram. Hit me up if you're interested in a copy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU5ANGSF...n-by=sokaylife
    We posted a WIP video of the "Highway" theme on Instagram. It's not a skyview from your normal perspective within Raybeem (which will be street level), but thought it looked kinda cool from this perspective.

We're working on a motion comic teaser trailer, intended for release with a demo as soon as we can get it together. As well as another trailer for release.

I've been working out some kinks with the hand tracking stuff in the default theme, when I get that straightened out I'll get a demo ready. It supports Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and will work as regular standalone Windows app.

If you're down for the cause, please check out our newly launched Patreon.

Thanks for reading the post, always down for some feedback.

I'm trying to make Raybeem into something dope to get faded and listen to music in VR with.