Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5868707172737476 ... LastLast

Thread: The VR thread

1. Sounds like a nice little preview of the heat-death of a platform's universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. You can't use it offline?
    Well that's a deal breaker.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    You can't use it offline?
    Well that's a deal breaker.
    You can use it offline, but since the software includes a storefront, it has the security certificate for the online functionality and they let it expire and it was crashing the whole thing. This isn't the same as a PSN outage or something where the problem is oculus' servers being down. The issue here was the whole thing was just crashing because of the security cert. You could get around it by rolling the date back on your computer, so it has nothing to do with it being online.

4. Rift credit just showed up a second ago. Check your e-mails and get something weird.

Got No Heroes Allowed VR in the PSN sale but my headset is packed for my move this weekend.

Anyone tried the Wipeout VR patch? Sounds like people are jizzing themselves over it and GS still sells the game for $20 or so new.

6. Sprint Vector is really fun!!!

7. look here, upon a sig graveyard.

8. ^^ that looks really nice. I especially like the table mounting part.

I'm holding out for a sale on Lone Echo when it comes to using my Oculus bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Anyone tried the Wipeout VR patch? Sounds like people are jizzing themselves over it and GS still sells the game for $20 or so new.
    it's good as fuck. Comfy for me, lots of options, game is GORGEOUS.
    Last edited by Tain; 02 Apr 2018 at 03:28 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    ^^ that looks really nice. I especially like the table mounting part.

I'm holding out for a sale on Lone Echo when it comes to using my Oculus bucks.
    It was just on sale for the Rift Anniversary thing. It might still be.

I've been playing a little more VR again lately, and I've decided to upgrade my set up a bit.

First off, I finally got a third sensor. I have a relatively small play space, and I found two diagonal sensors covered it pretty well, so I dragged my feet on getting a third. It definitely makes a difference. My coverage was perfectly fine, but the tracking is noticeably more stable now. Where before there would sometimes be small wobbles or aberrations when switching between sensors, now they're gone. Not a huge deal, but step one of "doing things right."

Second, I'm finally saying goodbye to my i5 2500k. It's true that it's still possible to get totally solid average framerates, but there are more drops and dips and those really hurt in VR. So I'm getting a new Coffee Lake 8600k, which I'll probably give a modest overclock (Probably 4.6 Ghz; not going to push it since again my goal is consistency rather than maxing the average). I haven't gotten this hardware yet, so we'll see what kind of difference it makes.

I'm holding onto my video card (a modest-for-VR GeForce 1060 6GB) for the time being. Video card prices are utterly unreasonable and I'm not going to upgrade until they come back down to earth.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Got No Heroes Allowed VR in the PSN sale but my headset is packed for my move this weekend.

Got PSVR for Wipeout and Polybius and have been thrilled with both so far. Polybius, especially. Wipeout runs great and I don't get too motion sick from it(I'm prone to it). Resi evil 7 makes me kinda ill and the Until Dawn shooter fucks with me too.