Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: The VR thread

1. Yeah, if the tracking of the Move controllers is anything like the Dual Shock it could be a problem.

2. It's weird that Sony would spend millions designing the PS VR and hook it up to some old ass shit that wasn't even great the day it came out.

3. its a new camera following lights. that's the only thing the move controllers need to do to get tracked. have a light.

4. I remember thinking this was strange when the move was first shown. There's some more work going on with the gyro sensors, otherwise a controller pointed straight forward or straight down would be the same as long as the stupid light ball was in the same spot.

In any case, I think is wasn't great before, and is going to really be a problem moving forward. That's why I asked for clarification that it was still using the old move controllers. Maybe Sony is working on Move Elite controllers, but didn't want to announce that you'll have to pay another $150 to experience VR the right way.

I went to BB to try it out but got there an hour before they stopped on Friday, and they already had cut off the line (of 2 people). I did see move controllers sitting on the demo table, but the kid demoing was playing eve with the controller.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

5. All of the Farsight footage has the awful shaky reticule that tells me they haven't improved anything about the Move controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    Maybe Sony is working on Move Elite controllers, but didn't want to announce that you'll have to pay another $150 to experience VR the right way.
    It worked for Oculus.

7. So Dirt is getting VR support on the 11th of July.

8. Apparently Sony said to Eurogamer:

All PlayStation VR titles will support DualShock 4 controllers. However some game experiences will be enhanced with the use of peripherals such as Move or the recently announced Aim controller.
    I really hope this is a miscommunication. There are gamepad-only games that rule, but VR motion controls are such a fundamental element of design that it seems like a baffling waste of dev and player time to force games built around them to also support the PS4 gamepad.

In other news, Chronos is great. I didn't have the highest expectations and I'm kind of blown away.
    Last edited by Tain; 12 Jul 2016 at 05:44 PM.

I also hope that's a misunderstanding.

10. See the glowy bit at the front of the DS4? That's what they are talking about.