Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: June 2016

1. I canceled mine when I realized my Best Buy points were going to expire days before TMS was to ship :/

Doom was on sale last week so I spent them on that. Things may have worked out for the best.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I canceled mine when I realized my Best Buy points were going to expire days before TMS was to ship :/
    You can use your points when you pre-order (at least online)...
    Donk

3. .......... Well.

Shit.

Does Shou still post here? If so I will post my ultra limited boxset.

5. Too many games haul:

The Firemen SFC, Two Crude Dudes Genesis, Code Name Viper NES, Road Fighter FC, F1-Race FC, Ninja Spirit TG-16, and Tumblepop GB.

6. Ninja Spirit has to be one of the best side scrollers ever. Irem was at the peak of their powers at exactly that moment.

7. I was at TooManyGames as well, didn't really buy anything though cause prices were way out of hand. One booth had a shitty disgusting AV Famicom and for it with a controller wanted 170.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I was at TooManyGames as well, didn't really buy anything though cause prices were way out of hand. One booth had a shitty disgusting AV Famicom and for it with a controller wanted 170.
    Shit like that is why this market can't crash any sooner.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. For me it was more a commentary about how conventions have changed. I remember going to early comic conventions, or even game ones and it was the place to get deals. No one wanted to haul the shit back. Lately it seems every convention I go to its let me sell this shit for ebay buy it nows + 10 - 20%. I'm not seeing the point on paying 30 bucks to get into a show to be ripped off. Even online vendors like StoneAgeGamer.com were charging 20 - 30 bucks more for some shit than what they charge online. Why am I going to pay you 100 bucks for a Master System Ever drive when its fucking 70 on your website.

The room set up with all the arcade cabinets, and systems hooked up to tvs or pvms was pretty awesome. On the show floor one guy had the CPSII flashboard set up and that was crazy to see. Also getting to see our very own Coury and his buddy he does MLiG with was great too.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I was at TooManyGames as well, didn't really buy anything though cause prices were way out of hand. One booth had a shitty disgusting AV Famicom and for it with a controller wanted 170.
    I agree for some sellers, but others had more reasonable prices. One seller had boxes of FC games with a two for ten deal. Ninja Spirt was also reasonable (32 dollars). Tumblepop was 20, which is lower than prices I have seen elsewhere. Two Crude Dudes was 15 with writing on it, but I have seen carts in worse condition sell for more. I may have jumped the gun on The Firemen, though. Price was decent from what I have seen elsewhere (mine was 45), but I saw some slightly cheaper ones listed.

S&G and Collectors Cards and Games usually have reasonable prices. Plug and Play was where I got Code Name Viper and they had some good prices too (Viper was 5 dollars and I got a 2600 Track and Field controller with the game for 10 dollars last year, which was marked at 15, but marked down when I asked if the game came with it).

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Even online vendors like StoneAgeGamer.com were charging 20 - 30 bucks more for some shit than what they charge online. Why am I going to pay you 100 bucks for a Master System Ever drive when its fucking 70 on your website.
    They weren't charging more. The 70 dollar (closer to 80 actually) price is only for one with just the board. If you add the shell and everything that is on the premade ones sold at the convention, it's actually around the same price (which is true for the other carts sold there too). With the exception of TG-16, all of the carts sold at the convention included the shell and labels, which add to the price when ordered from the website. Personally, I feel it was a good idea not to sell board only ones at the show, though the price sheet mentioned that board only flash carts could be purchased on Sunday if any unsold carts were left to remove the board from.

I didn't look at the FC games on Sunday, but some vendors lower prices on Sunday. One year (don't remember if it was last year or the year before), the FC games at one booth were lowered from 5 dollars each to 2 for 5. Not to mention that the price was already reasonable for some of the games in the bin.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 28 Jun 2016 at 03:20 AM.