Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch)

Physical copies coming from shitty LRG and Play Asia for $5 more than the digital price.

It's the PS4 version (I'm guessing for both,) but I'm down for playing it with a good dpad in the proper position anyway.

2. Everybody in here talking about which piece of shit smells better...

It's still shit fam. Half joking

3. I really like the new 'animal crystal' challenge levels, they're frustrating but satisfying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. I really wish there were more than six of those levels, they're really good. Beat the game, those were the highlight for sure.

I'll give the game a spin on hard mode later, but that's more of 'difficulty through number adjustment' instead of super tricky jumps and precision platforming. God damn, that mouse level.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 23 Apr 2017 at 04:26 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Nevermind, I beat it now. Getting the Legendary Shield helped (I didn't have the money before). Some of the forms have good alternatives, but I was losing too much health in the mouse man part.

This was really a great experience. It's amazing how, with virtually no gameplay modification, this holds up as well as it does. It might be dated in certain ways, but there's no doubt this is one of the best games of the 8-bit console era.
    How long did it take for you to finish it? I was gonna buy it at launch but realized I should finish Blaster Master and the Shovel Knight expansion before getting this. With Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo Tetris coming this week, I should really hold off a bit...

6. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Color Splash will be r@re l@@k in a year or so and people will be tripping over themselves to get it despite it being available digitally. Actually all three of those games might be that way, at least Gravity Rush.
    Gravity Rush is already going for $70 on ebay - I'm glad I got it late last year in preparation for GR 2. Happy Console Gamer got an SMS version of this remake, which is pretty damn cool.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Quote Originally Posted by Son of Bryce View Post
    How long did it take for you to finish it? I was gonna buy it at launch but realized I should finish Blaster Master and the Shovel Knight expansion before getting this. With Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo Tetris coming this week, I should really hold off a bit...
    About 9 hours, which included some unfortunate grinding I could have avoided if my memory was better and I remembered how to get to some of the better equipment.

It was fun playing it honest without guides though. It's been some years since I played all the way through it and I forgot a lot of things, but I still managed to figure it all out eventually.

8. If you're gonna grind: save, exit the game, go back in. A lot of the treasure chests reset.

9. Is there a way to manually save?

I wasn't really grinding for cash though, as much as banging my head against Lion Man's stage with inadequate armor because I didn't remember how to turn back into Mouse Man and reach better armor. Ah, the days before hand-holding.

10. Visit the church, as far as I can tell.

The underground run to the samurai temple is worth a good 3k a trip, super worthwhile for late in the game shop stuff.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 24 Apr 2017 at 10:46 AM.