Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch)

1. I had a long winded customer between when I made that post^ and when I was able to submit it.

The current system benefits absolutely no one but resellers.

2. I appreciate their efforts. They deal with a fickle market (see Darius PS4 vs Vita sellout rate) and have openly stated they signed way too many releases and are trying to back down. Mildly disappointed with the stall on Switch support. Apparently Nintendo just doesn't want games on the damn thing.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Apparently Nintendo just doesn't want games on the damn thing.
    I mean, the game is already on switch and will play the same as a physical copy so this doesn't really apply here?

4. Limited, yes. Ideally they want to print enough to last a day or two, not a few minutes at most. More like Lawbreakers, which should last another day or so, than Wonder Boy. The goal is that everyone who wants gets a reasonable chance and then it's gone. It's nice when it works, and to me that seems like a reasonable goal. And then there's weekends like this one when the problems in the system show.

The pre-order thing is an ongoing debate, but LRG made their point and have plenty of evidence to back up why it doesn't work. I thought pre-orders were a good idea, then The Silver Case sold next to nothing and even Skullgirls had trouble making its goal of paying for voice acting. People don't care enough and the game languishes.

5. If the pre-order thing doesn't work, then the whole thing is just a scalper's market.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I mean, the game is already on switch and will play the same as a physical copy so this doesn't really apply here?
    Low really wanted to pay $40 for it.

7. Considering all the stupid cheap deals he gets, it's only fair he overspends once in a while.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    I appreciate their efforts. They deal with a fickle market (see Darius PS4 vs Vita sellout rate) and have openly stated they signed way too many releases and are trying to back down. Mildly disappointed with the stall on Switch support. Apparently Nintendo just doesn't want games on the damn thing.
    LRG only has their deal with Sony. That's why every LRG is either a Vita or PS4 game.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Considering all the stupid cheap deals he gets, it's only fair he overspends once in a while.
    Seriously. Craig's List stuff like that absolutely does not exist here.

10. Nor here. I have idiots on Craig's List or letgo wanting 200 bucks for 5 Atari 2600 games and other similar bullshit.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.