Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 313151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch)

And about 100 "rare" NES Classics for $300 each.

2. All I ever see are Maddens, FIFAs, and other old sports games. Oh, and Just Dance.

3. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The pre-order thing is an ongoing debate, but LRG made their point and have plenty of evidence to back up why it doesn't work. I thought pre-orders were a good idea, then The Silver Case sold next to nothing and even Skullgirls had trouble making its goal of paying for voice acting. People don't care enough and the game languishes.
    No they didn't and don't. They're just artificially inflating shit and causing the fucking terrible scalper market. I'd venture to bet at least 1/3 if not more of the Wonder Boy copies sold went to scalpels not people who actually want the game. Just open preorders for a day or two and print however many are preordered, this shit isn't hard.

Take Fangamer's Undertale release as an example. They tried the LRG thing at first and shit sold out too fast. So they've reopened for more orders on a second printing
    Last edited by bbobb; 04 Aug 2017 at 08:54 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. It's got to be part of a long con.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It's got to be part of a long con.
    Yep, the only people who would be upset if they were to print more are the scalpers.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It's got to be part of a long con.
    They'll probably start selling copies they conjured out of the air a couple years down the line for double the price like GameStop and Xenoblade.

7. Do their games even really appreciate in value? I mean Darius and a couple might but it seems like overwhelmingly the scalper game is not a good investment. Especially for this one that has a region-free international release.

8. The early releases go for high prices (Breach & Clear, Oddword). But I don't think Octodad or Drive Drive Drive will ever be in demand.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Do their games even really appreciate in value? I mean Darius and a couple might but it seems like overwhelmingly the scalper game is not a good investment. Especially for this one that has a region-free international release.
    Valid point. Soldner dropped after the Asian version was released.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    LRG only has their deal with Sony. That's why every LRG is either a Vita or PS4 game.
    LRG was in talks for Switch releases, they mentioned the deal was stalled as Nintendo wanted to prioritize third party publishers for printing. What? Half the current shelf stock of the Switch is indie product ala LRG. I'm definitely in the minority here but one of the reasons I like PS4 is the likely hood a digital title can gain a physical release. They've done a amazing job of offering shelf space to product that isn't AAA production.