Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9192122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how Night Trap has hype? I don't tend to jump to degrade gaming's past but it didn't seem interesting in its own time.
    1) Camp value. It's "The Room" of gaming. It was cheesy and dated even when it was released (in part because it was actually shot years prior) and now it's the perfect combination of both 80s and 90s nostalgia.
    2) It was kind of THE game that kicked off the live-action FMV era of gaming, for better or worse, and it was a culturally significant game.
    3) Because this is a genuine "remaster" (new transfer of original video and rebuilt interface) that makes it possible to actually see wtf is going on.

I don't think many people think Night Trap is a "good" game, but they still want to relive it for all of the above reasons.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I really hate LRG and it's shitty fanbase
    WELL THANKS YOU JERK
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. What do you work there now? ARE YOU PART OF THE PROBLEM?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Or just a fan.

No one has actually shipped my Wonder Boy copy a week later. Is that normal for these guys?

5. The average is two weeks.

Yeah, and sometimes they don't bother emailing you, it just shows up.

Man, with a two week period you would almost think the games haven't been made yet making the whole discussion on capping prod totals a great big lie.

That thought had crossed my mind. Personally I wonder if it's more that the duplicators are almost done with the production and are waiting for the final payment. I'm not sure that LRG has their shit together well enough to actually pay for the production up front.

9. Night Trap is already selling for tripe-digits on ebay... Got damn.

I bought a copy with the intention to give it to a friend (who sincerely loves the game for some reason) around Xmas time, but I'm having second thoughts now...