Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch)

1. Did those have upscaled art or widescreen support? I didn't think they looked any better than the Sega CD game running on kega fusion.

They were widescreen and had a few graphic filters you could choose from. It looked really good imo.

3. I was all "i can play the original" (and i have been over the past few weeks) before i saw those screens but that looks really nice. It's not that short, maybe like 4-6 hours if you play from beginning to end. It's a good game for playing more than once too. I'm stuck between "i wish they'd do their own thing" and "remakes that mess with the original game aren't usually anywhere near as good as the original game" but it's really nice that Dragon's Trap is getting a potentially bigger audience.
    Donk

4. It's also not a game where people have played out the original. It's a long overdue chance to bring this game to a wider audience, so I'm glad it's faithful.

Also Monster Boy is coming, so that has the "something new" covered.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 02 Jun 2016 at 08:13 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Did those have upscaled art or widescreen support? I didn't think they looked any better than the Sega CD game running on kega fusion.
    It supported widescreen, it had some enhancements and new characters, but it wasn't at the level of what Lizardcube is doing here. I just mention it as a project that combined the strengths of emulation in a native port.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 02 Jun 2016 at 08:13 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It's also not a game where people have played out the original. It's a long overdue chance to bring this game to a wider audience, so I'm glad it's faithful.
    Everyone should play the original on original hardware or at least on a Wii connected to a CRT.

is what i want to say, but this is actually a nice good thing and it'd be great if the other Monster Land World Whatever games got the same treatment.
    Donk

7. There was that pretty good Monster World collection that M2 did that came out on 360/PS3 that no one played. I feel like the archival thing has been done already (although I do really wish they put that on PC).

8. I played it, and it's BC on xbone
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. I've been playing the Monster Land arcade game on PS3 this week, it feels very laggy? Not the slowdown as much as just input lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. I played it. It doesn't have Dragon's Trap.
    Donk