Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch)

1. With just slightly more effort you could even install a toggle switch.

I'm far too lazy for that.

3. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Yeah, back in the day I was lucky enough to play both versions but I played the SMS one first so the arcade version's controls bugged me. The PC Engine port's physics also feel like the arcade game. The only shitty thing about the SMS version is that it's not Genesis controller compatible (unless you modify the controller).
    The odd thing is that the Genesis controller works fine with Wonder Boy in Monster Land when played on a JP SMS with adapter or Genesis with PBC set to JP mode with region switch. Unfortunetly, it's also one of those games where the game plays in Japanese, making the part with the Sphinx a lot harder.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 04 Jun 2016 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Yeah, back in the day I was lucky enough to play both versions but I played the SMS one first so the arcade version's controls bugged me. The PC Engine port's physics also feel like the arcade game. The only shitty thing about the SMS version is that it's not Genesis controller compatible (unless you modify the controller).
    I learned this the hard way. as Super Monster Land was the most recent game I've bought. Fortunately this is the one series that feels best with fresh SMS contollers (which can be harder to come by.)

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Mod = clip gray wire. Boom! Perfect MS controller.
    ...and I used to always wonder why you said this when my Genesis controller worked just fine.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

New interview - http://zerolives.com/article/dl24Uac...dern-platforms

I disagree about Lion Man's stage needing difficulty adjustment. There's no need to make it easier.

6. This is out now on PS4, XBO, and Switch. Priced right at $20. Steam version coming in June. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to double dip or wait for steam.

7. I purchased this morning (money where your mouth is etc.) but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Hopefully tonight.

8. I'm all over this one, I played the hell out of this on the Master System back in the day.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    This is out now on PS4, XBO, and Switch. Priced right at $20. Steam version coming in June. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to double dip or wait for steam.
    Buy it now for $20 now and on steam for a nickel two months after. It's worth buying now...