Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 515171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch)

1. I seriously don't understand this logic. Yes, overprinting can sink a small company.

...but when most of your releases sell out within the hour?

I'd like to hear more about dev input on the print runs, honestly.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	limitedrun.png 
Views:	176 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	80631  

Ssjn, you're making entirely too much sense.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I seriously don't understand this logic. Yes, overprinting can sink a small company.

...but when most of your releases sell out within the hour?

I'd like to hear more about dev input on the print runs, honestly.

Overprint my fucking ass. The fact that it sold out within minutes both times means there's a demand for it. Take the shit to order and then print that many. How fucking hard is this now?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. The whole premise of this company is to appeal to scalping. I am not faulting them but any way to artificially jack up demand is the way to go (look at variants of post cards, and now, trading cards). If they do the rational thing by removing the scalpers, they know their market will actually be quite small.

5. Vic Ireland do what Limited Run Gamesdont
    Donk

6. Release games long after they were supposed to be?
    That reminds me, I have to dig through tubs to find kingoffighters CoH2G.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I guess I only pay attention to it when there's something I may actually be interested in (Oddworld games, Shadow Complex, Firewatch, Wonderboy). Seems like the system broke down for all of them.
    Not to nitpick but Shadow Complex lasted til they lifted limits on it, Firewatch had its inventory halved because Campo Santo wanted to sell it on their site too, Abe sold out on Vita but was readily available on PS4 a day after and Strangers Wraith was easy to get unless you wanted the three cover variants package. I agree Wonderboy was a shitfest. Again I applaud Sony for working with small developers and that's who I think should see some backlash. If they wanted a different distribution method there's a medley of options, they go with LRG for whatever reason. If stuff like this tarnishes their reputation then LRG will likely have to step up to continue support but they seem to be doing something right on that end.

8. I only cared about Vita, and I can't believe you about Stranger's Wrath because if it were true it'd be sitting on my shelf.
    Speaking of Campo Santo, thank God they wanted some for their site because that was how I was finally able to get Firewatch.

But anyways, I don't like how they do things, you do. Whatevs.

9. Don't forget that Firewatch on Camp Santo's site lasted for several day.

Why hasn't someone put out a game on demand business for older titles?

I can go online and make 500 stickers of my dick. I can get tshirts, of my dick. I can get posters, books, etc, of my dick.

You're telling me that someone can't put this together for optical media with a case and insert?