Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 717192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch)

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Yeah he's ripped off a bunch of translators, who now are considering not translating any more PCE games because of it.
    That seems pretty stupid.

"I wasn't getting money before, and I'm not getting it now. But god damn it he can't have any"

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Do we know this for sure? There are a lot of start ups right now that are doing just that with other products. That is where the rash of tshirts companies are coming from. You can now buy machines that will do custom order screen prints as they are ordered. Same with stickers, books, posters.

Do we know that no one has developed a dvd/cd machine that will make a disk in very low quantities?
    I've worked with machines that so small runs of CD duplication, for jobs as little as ten up to several hundred, but they used cdrs. Beyond that, it's pretty cheap to just send stuff to a CD/DVD duplication place. I'm sure the tech is there to make small runs of pressed discs, but I imagine it's not cost effective when I can get a run of 500 produced with cases and art for like $2 a disc.

3. How about we all pool together to produce replacement Saturn cases. How about that Mzo?!
    We order boxes that will fit a certain quantity so they can be packed safely and securely and make people order in quantities that work within those parameters. I feel like even with the few of us there are here, a grand or two a piece could turn into something lucrative.

4. only ship them in bubblewrap envelopes
    Donk

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    That seems pretty stupid.

"I wasn't getting money before, and I'm not getting it now. But god damn it he can't have any"
    It's not dumb. Hey how about you spend hundreds of hours making something, and then some one else comes along and makes a ton of money off it. People are willing to do something for free, to help a community, or see people get access to something. That's different than just not getting money before, and still not getting it after. Most people aren't about giving away their time so some one else can make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    How about we all pool together to produce replacement Saturn cases. How about that Mzo?!
    We order boxes that will fit a certain quantity so they can be packed safely and securely and make people order in quantities that work within those parameters. I feel like even with the few of us there are here, a grand or two a piece could turn into something lucrative.
    Something like this is possible, a dude a few years back put up the money to have replacement plastic sleeves for HuCard and Sega Master System games made. I think he had something like 10k of them made and has been slowly selling them off since.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. I bought some of those replacement sleeves. Good quality.

7. I know it's possible. What I don't know is why no one's done it.

8. Posted by LR on my feedback Page..

We combed through Friday's orders and canceled a ton of orders from people who broke our set limits. The stock we freed up will be going up for sale on our site at a random time between 5PM and 6PM Eastern Time (about 30 minutes from now).

Fair warning: there is only ~200 copies of the standard Wonder Boy going up and fewer than 100 Collector's Editions. They will go fast, which is why we need to take the random time approach.

There is NO cart hold. Shopify removed that in January and shifted all sales and stores to a first-to-pay system. Adding the game to your cart does not mean it is yours. You have to pay and complete checkout before the game is considered yours. It can sell out during checkout, so move fast. We recommend loghing into our site and PayPal first to cut down on checkout time.

If you are getting the "Inactive" error from PayPal, completely clear all of your browser's cookies and cache to fix the problem. This is a PayPal issue we don't have any control over.
    hmm
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    It's not dumb. Hey how about you spend hundreds of hours making something, and then some one else comes along and makes a ton of money off it. People are willing to do something for free, to help a community, or see people get access to something. That's different than just not getting money before, and still not getting it after. Most people aren't about giving away their time so some one else can make money.
    The word you're looking for is "spite"

Yes, they are about giving their time away. As long as no one gains anything.

10. Can anyone explain to me how Night Trap has hype? I don't tend to jump to degrade gaming's past but it didn't seem interesting in its own time.