Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies To Get Excited About

1. Film Movies To Get Excited About

Last edited by Doc Holliday; 07 Jun 2016 at 04:43 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Looks pretty cringeworthy to say the least, but we'll see. I didn't see Tusk so it's been a while since I've seen a Kevin Smith movie.

I'm looking forward to this:

3. I've tried to watch Tusk multiple times. I don't dislike Justin Long, but he's insufferable in it. I've not made it further than 20 minutes in.
    YH looks fairly awful too.

4. I was just coming in here to post The Neon Demon! I'll post these instead.

The 9th Life of Louis Drax - Alexander Aja

Book description-

"Louis Drax is a boy like no other. He is brilliant and strange, and every year something violent seems to happen to him. On his ninth birthday, Louis goes on a picnic with his parents and falls off a cliff. The details are shrouded in mystery. Louis's mother is shell-shocked; his father has vanished. And after some confusion Louis himself, miraculously alive but deep in a coma, arrives at Dr. Pascal Dannachet's celebrated coma clinic…Full of astonishing twists and turns, this is a masterful tale of the secrets the human mind can hide."

Hoping for another great Aja film. His last few have been disappointments personally, but I'm always curious to see what he does.

Gold - Stephen Gaghan

"An unlikely pair venture to the Indonesian jungle in search of gold."

Starring Matthew McConaughey. When I first heard about this I thought it might be about this case that was on Masterminds. That was about a guy that was able to convince a bunch of investors that he had found this insane gold deposit out in the jungle. There was no deposit, but he faked samples so convincingly that he attracted millions in investments and support.

It probably isn't based on that but it'd be nice. It's a great setup at any rate.

Nocturnal Animals - Tom Ford

New Jake Gyllenhaal movie with an interesting premise.

5. I posted this thread as a joke. Although, I find Smith's stoner-horror far more entertaining than his LOL normal life comedies. But all these suggestions look great!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Pretty much anything I've seen with Jake Gyllenhaal has been fantastic, so there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I see Johnny Depp's and Kevin Smith's daughters have very bright futures ahead of them.

8. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    I haven't seen a trailer that has made me as excited as this in a loooong time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread