Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 4 (PC, One)

A season pass is basically a DLC preorder. You buy it and get access to all the DLC as it's released. Of course, you can also buy the season pass after the DLC is out. If you pay attention, you can usually get the season pass at a discount.

I think I got the season pass for the Bioshock stuff for 75% off. Why not just call it dlc?

3. Horse armor

Also "season pass" sounds like value

4. I almost always pass on games for at least a few seasons.

5. Dead Rising 4 (PC, One)

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I think I got the season pass for the Bioshock stuff for 75% off. Why not just call it dlc?
    I think the first game that used the term was Gears 2 and it implied there would be a season of content. And there was. Now it's just shorthand for "whatever DLC they decide to give you." Sometimes it's good sometimes it's bad. Bioshock Infinite's was a fucking scam.

6. They made 4 of these?
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Horse armor

Also "season pass" sounds like value
    A season pass entitles you to all DLC. Whereas if you say it's DLC people will ask naturally ask what DLC because you typically buy them on an a la carte basis. Not sure if season pass is a good term but a "you get everything that will ever come out" is useful to convey value.

I played about an hour of this game on the weekend. It's good fun. The weapon system is pretty hilarious.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 10 Jul 2017 at 10:16 PM.

8. A lot of games don't give you all the DLC with the season pass.
    Street Fighter V season passes have just been characters. New stages and costumes are extra.

9. That's season 2, duh

10. no season 2 is more characters

SFV's DLC setup is pure dogshit. It's like $10 to get some fucking stage because it's in a tourney.