Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4678910 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man (PS4)

1. I actually like the MJ/Miles bits because they gave a sort of "on the ground" perspective and grounded the experience. And none of them were long or challenging enough to really bother me.

Honestly I liked the variety of the whole thing, up until I ran out of that variety and had to do crimes for 4 hours to clean up the platinum. But of course there's no obligation to 100%/Platinum a game, so I guess that's a me problem.

2. Game is fun. Nothing ground breaking like many early impressions lead on. I liked the side missions that had me face some of the classic criminals gallery. Well crafted but conventional!

I'd love to play the same basic template as The Flash. His villains are as fun as Spideys.

3. I Redboxed it, got all the backpacks, took it back to Redbox. I absolutely got $3 out of it.

The MJ walking sim sucks, combat is just an Arkham game (but with Spider-Man so it's better), don't care about the story. Once again a AAA game will make you play Pipe Dream fucking over and over again.

I do like that the costume they designed for the game works a LOT better gameplay wise than the actual proper Spider-Man costume, especially in terms of visibility. It's a smart design, and suggests the Venom suit in a nice way.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 02 Oct 2018 at 10:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Does anyone know if you get Challenge tokens every time you attempt a challenge, or only when you do better than your previous best? I need like 25 more tokens to be able to unlock all the damn suits.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Does anyone know if you get Challenge tokens every time you attempt a challenge, or only when you do better than your previous best? I need like 25 more tokens to be able to unlock all the damn suits.
    Only when you best your previous ranks BUT the pots for each rank are separate and cumulative, meaning if you have a bronze on a challenge, and then you get gold you get FIVE more tokens (2 for silver, 3 for gold), rather than two, so it's not as big a hill as it looks, especially if you can get gold on a couple of them.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 03 Oct 2018 at 08:09 AM.

6. That's good to know. I don't think I've managed to get a gold on any of them though. I've done ok on some of the combat and ninja ones, and some how managed to get at least 1 silver on each type, but the bomb and drone challenges are giving me a problem. I also don't know what the hell I need to do to improve some of these bomb challenges. I feel like I'm going as fast as I can, and not making any mistakes and then its like congrats BRONZE! If I didn't need these challenge tokens to unlock the suits I wouldn't care about them any more.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    That's good to know. I don't think I've managed to get a gold on any of them though. I've done ok on some of the combat and ninja ones, and some how managed to get at least 1 silver on each type, but the bomb and drone challenges are giving me a problem. I also don't know what the hell I need to do to improve some of these bomb challenges. I feel like I'm going as fast as I can, and not making any mistakes and then its like congrats BRONZE! If I didn't need these challenge tokens to unlock the suits I wouldn't care about them any more.
    The drone challenges were the ones that gave me the most trouble intitially and yet were the easiest for me to gold in the end. Not sure if this is because being fully leveled helped or just because it clicked for me. Probably a bit of both.

It's possible to give yourself a bigger hill to climb by spending too many challenge tokens on equipment upgrades. I made that mistake a bit.

8. Yeah I think I did similar before I realized how many challenge tokens were needed for the suit crafting. I need 25 more damn challenge tokens to finish them out.
    Where I play

9. Yeah, I think when I was done with the equipment upgrade I needed 16 or something, but luckily I had some bronzes I could still gold so it went quicker than I thought.

10. You guys make me not want to play this.