Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 3 (XBO/PC)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I cheaped out and got the regular edition, so I still have to wait two more days. I decided to go for the Gears Ultimate Edition instead.
    I wouldn't say cheaping out. Ultimate is pretty damn stupid for forza. All you get is more cars and a VIP bonus. You don't even get any expansions.I only did it because I was home on Friday and have no willpower to wait.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

lol I appreciate the candor.

This game is beautiful, and I like how they allow the kudos-like bullshit, but it's not as forced on you (so far) as it was in PGR. Unfortunately, I was only getting ~50fps with DSR on, so I'm actually going to run this at my monitor's native resolution instead so I can leave it at Ultra.

edit: How does the co-op campaign work?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 27 Sep 2016 at 11:10 AM.

4. I like kudos

A lot of people must.

6. The Kudos system in Forza (or whatever you want to call it) is almost useless to the point that it shouldn't be in the game. It's very much a part of what makes PGR great. There is pure racing in PGR (and Kudos in those events are an afterthought), but there are other events that are made much more interesting by the introduction of a scoring system (cone challenges).
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 27 Sep 2016 at 01:30 PM.

7. The kudos in Forza are probably the way they would have been in PGR if the series continued. Every game cared about them less than the time before.

I wish MS went nuts with the bucket list and added a bunch of PGR shit. They're soooo close.

8. I agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    there are other events that are made much more interesting by the introduction of a scoring system (cone challenges).
    Those events shouldn't exist at all. They're what made me quit playing that series.

edit: The only negatives I've seen in Horizon 3 so far are the PR Stunt drift things, and those are fairly innocuous.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 27 Sep 2016 at 04:03 PM.

10. Buying this helped me realize the anniversary update was never rolled out to me. No indication of why it wasn't able to install nor did it tell me that before I bought it. Had to "update and restart" three times before it actually kicked in and did its thing. Great start MS.

But hey, now my desktop background shows through onto the login screen so that's good.