Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: March 2019

1. This Month's Haul: March 2019

There's a Walmart in a town of about 20,000 that I visit about once a week if I need an item or 2. This town, for some reason, has a lot of Muslim people and others of Indian decent. The Walmart even sells Burkas. I occasionally check out the electronics section and take a brief look at their video games. The cases are poorly managed, and there's even a section that once housed PS4 titles, but for some reason they were removed and there are stacks of PS4 titles at the bottom of the displays. I'd also noticed that they had a large stack of 3DS titles, including this day 1 version of Radiant Historia : Perfect Chronology for the 3DS. I guess these people don't play a lot of video games, because there's even a collectors edition of Halo Reach sitting on the bottom of the Xbox One case.

There are a couple of other 3DS titles that I plan on picking up from there in the next couple of weeks.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 08 Mar 2019 at 09:54 PM.

2. It only includes the game while supplies last. You should check if it's there.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Sounds like a Kmart manager took over that Walmart.
    was there a point to the muslim part of the story?

4. I believe that those games are still there, because of the people that are shopping there. Have you ever seen a Collector's Edition of Halo Reach still available at a Walmart?

And yeah, the game displays look like a Kmart manager was running it.

5. Do they have any copies of Collector's Edition of Quran ODST?

6. I just looked up this little article about Muslims and video games. It doesn't look like they have a lot of options, because of all the rules of the religion and it's objection to anything that isn't being productive.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-allowed-...omething-haram

Quote Originally Posted by quora
    The second type is games which do not involve anything haraam, and which usually do not lead to it, like most of the games we see of football (soccer), volleyball and table-tennis etc. These are permissible, subject to the following restrictions:

1 – They should be free of gambling, i.e., betting between the players.

2 – They should not form an obstacle to the obligatory remembrance of Allaah, or to prayer, or to any obligatory act of worship, such as honouring one’s parents.

3 – They should not take up a lot of the player’s time, let alone taking up all of his time or causing him to be known among the people for that, or becoming his job, because then there is the fear that the aayah (interpretation of the meaning)“Who took their religion as an amusement and play, and the life of the world deceived them. So this Day We shall forget them” [al-A’raaf 7:51] may become applicable to him.

The last condition does not have a set limit, but should be referred to what is customary among the Muslims; whatever they regard as excessive is not allowed. A person should set a limit for the time spent playing and for the time spent in serious pursuits; if (the time devoted to playing) is half or one-third or one-quarter, then this is too much.
    Last edited by gamevet; 08 Mar 2019 at 10:15 PM.

7. I just got my Duo and N64 RGB modded. Rondo and Gradius 2 looks absolutely phenomenal in RGB, it is crazy how good these games look with improved clarity and color. The N64 improvement isn't as noticeable unless it is 2D stuff. My modder did forget to solder a wire to activate the deblur function on the chip so it will go back and see if it makes that much difference for 3D games.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I believe that those games are still there, because of the people that are shopping there. Have you ever seen a Collector's Edition of Halo Reach still available at a Walmart?
    Actually, yeah. Because some Walmarts around here won’t clearance video games no matter how moldy they get. One in the boonies still has several ps2 and psp games. Licensed junk and sports at full msrp.

9. Preloaded Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice on PC. Someone mentioned to me that it was coming out soon, I've been on complete blackout about it but that was intentional, now I'm fucking stoked for end of month.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Actually, yeah. Because some Walmarts around here won’t clearance video games no matter how moldy they get. One in the boonies still has several ps2 and psp games. Licensed junk and sports at full msrp.
    Yeah, I see that all of the time in East Texas, where there isn't a large city within a 100 miles, but they have those games marked down to like $5 to $9. I pass through the city of Murphy, on my way to Wylie everyday. The Walmart in Wylie is much older than the one in Murphy, yet they don't have stockpiles of older games laying around. The Wylie Walmart doesn't have a huge stockpile of 3DS games sitting around, like that of the Murphy store, which has a much different demographic of shoppers.

https://datausa.io/profile/geo/murphy-tx/

Quote Originally Posted by datausa
    The population of Murphy, TX is 50.5% White, 30.6% Asian, and 9.9% Black. 40.2% of the people in Murphy, TX speak a non-English language, and 94.1% are U.S. citizens.
    Last edited by gamevet; 09 Mar 2019 at 12:08 AM.