Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 111314151617 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Summer, 2016)

1. I'm on vacation, so it means DS time and that means Picross 3D 2...I have done about 130 or so of the puzzles, just getting perfect scores on them.

Amiibo still suck, thanks for the shittiest form of DLC, Nintendo.

2. I messed around with a Holo Lens today. That was pretty wild.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. I've been playing ReCore. I'm enjoying it so far, save for the load times and amount of time it takes for upgrading. But, most people say they did enjoy the first few hours and then it goes downhill so, time will tell. For now, though, I can definitely say that I really like the platforming and combat.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

4. Yea that's where I'm at. It seems cool so far but I can see it getting old.

I got a new Game Gear the other day and thought I would try out Shining Force 2: Sword of Hyija (or whatever) since I always heard it was rad. I loaded it up with the Everdrive and it's much, much better than I would have hoped for out of a Game Gear RPG. I save my progress, but when I come back the save is gone. After some digging, I find that it's a glitch with this one game, the saving is bugged on the Everdrive. Crap. So I hop on my 3DS and buy the VC version, play the same amount on it, great game.

After thinking on it a bit, I should probably play the first game, which didn't get an English GG translation, but is remastered on Shining Force CD. I drag out the Sega CD, pop it in, and THIS GAME IS GLORIOUS. It's probably too basic for most strat RPG players, but I love the way it's setup. Not a whole lot of bullshit micromanagement, or wandering around towns talking to useless NPCs, it's just battle, story/shop, battle again. I've stayed up super late the past few nights playing it.

6. That's why I've always enjoyed the SF series. Let me move my chess men around the board, and not have to worry about managing 100 different gameplay systems.

Those were pretty rad. I think I actually got all but cd around release.

Warsong is similar and is cool in a dragon force way.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    That's why I've always enjoyed the SF series. Let me move my chess men around the board, and not have to worry about managing 100 different gameplay systems.
    Much of the SRPG fun for me is in the management of 100 gameplay systems, but I'm very glad SF doesn't have more too, because the one system it does have, the promotion system, is really dumb. You have to guess whether promotion will improve your character or render them completely shitty. SF1 is the most egregious offender here.

I don't think the devs' intent was to punish you for promoting your dudes. It's otherwise really exciting (what will she look like now?! What new moves will I get?!). But that's the deal.

FE has a few unwelcome class change surprises too iirc, but characters are more disposable there. It plays into FE's work-with-what-you-find philosophy.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 19 Sep 2016 at 04:23 PM.

Hooked up the n64 again. It looks like hell through composite on an HDTV, is there anything reasonable that can be done? Mario 64 is still fun.

10. Project 64.