Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Summer, 2016)

I just got guilty gear sign for cheap. Love this series.

Started playing fallout 4. First quest, besides being crazy fortunate that I wise up and get a gun and a safe space and find a bunch of friends during a gunfight which is kind of lame, the quest then continues with you following an npc who says "I'll take point." He immediately and reproducibly walks straight into a wrecked car in the middle of the road and gets stuck.

I mean come on. I had to spend a minute pushing him out of the way. I guess if I went far enough ahead maybe he would have warped.

This is fucking lazy. Doom ruined me.

Also carry weights and limited inventories ate just crappy design choices that add time.

It's one thing to limit weapon slots or anmo as a design choice. It's another to have a ton of loot able crap and then to make players run back and forth to their shit. I wish that would go away.

Tl:dr: nine times out of ten inventory management isn't fun.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 30 Jun 2016 at 04:00 PM.

It is only fun if you have a flying cat with infinite space

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    Tl:dr: nine times out of ten inventory management isn't fun.
    It's not for everyone but it's actually one of the things I love about Fallout 4. Being forced to constantly make choices is part of the experience for me.

I started Mirror's Edge Catalyst. It seems pretty cool so far but I'm probably not going to play through it until I'm done with Fallout 4.

I just walk really slow to the nearest town until I can sell the stuff I don't want.

It would be really nice if skyrim was more gradual with the impact of weight.

6. I put Freekstyle on demo the other day because I used to love it. Just tried playing it, and holy fuck at the rubber band AI. I was completely horrible, it took me forever to finish the first lap because I kept fucking up on landing tricks and shit. Yet by the end of the third lap, everyone was bunched in front of me and I easily passed them to come in first.
    Still a fun game though.

Burnout Revenge.

I'm pretty sure Takedown is the best in the series, but I don't have an OldBox anymore, and can't imagine getting one at this point. Until I can emulate it on my Mac, this is as good as it gets.

OK, lol... this is actually kind of challenging. In Paradise you can give your opponents a nasty look and they explode into a million little pieces. I'm actually getting taken out on some of these races (road rage maybe?) If I remember correctly there is a boost trick where you can pretty much hit a wall straight on, and not crash, but I sure can't remember how to do it. Guys, the crash mode too. I did the standalone Burnout Crash, but this is way better. How have their games been getting worse?

I remember playing this online with some of you guys, and really digging it. Doritos Obstacle Runner is still the best time I've had online, GTAV is 2nd, but this might be 3rd place.

Just letting you know... this game is available from your friendly neighborhood SSJN for a more than reasonable price. I'm sincerely hoping that you guys are doing most, if not all or your purchasing through him. If not, wtf...

I'm doing a 10 CHA starting build on Fallout 4.
    I sniped all the dudes out of the Corvega plant right after I finished the first mission, then ran in with no power armor and murdered everyone. I think I was way underleveled for that but sniping is legit....I do love how you can tackle this stuff in weird orders.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 01 Jul 2016 at 08:33 PM.

9. The Diablo 3 endgame stuff seems like a drag, so I finally hit that Close Application box (a great deal of Adventure Mode progress is reset if you end your game), popped it out, and tried Doom with the half hour or so I had to kill before dinner.

I think we're going to get along just fine.

played some sonic lost world

I'm not sure why this did poorly. It is a beautiful game. And there are a ton of sonic 2 and 1 references. There is even a refernece to Mickey Mouse and the castle of illusion with a candy level.

the controls can be a bit sluggish sometimes and I don't care anything about the story