Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Summer, 2016)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    How have their games been getting worse?
    Today's episode is brought to you by the letters E and A.

2. Pac-Man 256 is awesome, especially in coop.

DOOM
    Monster Hunter 4u.
    Monster Hunter gen demo(full game on theb15th)
    Going to finally finish dragon age inq.
    Dark souls 3

4. Serious Sam HD The First Encounter (PC):

Playing on Hard. Though I cheesed out the Marsh Hopper boss room at Oasis with a grenade jump and rained down firepower on them from above, it got done. If you stay on the ground, this is one of the hardest SS battles... ever. After that the next couple levels looked like cake in comparison. Ten hits from the Marsh Hoppers will KTFO you, but that's not hard for them to do when there are so many at once.

IMO the frog room looks like it could be easier on Serious difficulty because you get a max of 999 tommy gun bullets (on Hard it's 500).

5. Just put an hour or so into Submerged.
    I like it!
    But it's not without dumb stuff to remind you you're playing a video game. Backstory is relayed via simple pictures. The character(s) speak some crazy language. But then you talk to yourself in English. Make up your mind! Am I the character? If so, why would I not be able to understand the language I'm speaking. If I'm not the character and just an observer, why bother with English instructions? The pictoral narrative device is already in play, so why not just run with it?
    The very first thing you need to do is find something to stop your companion's bleeding. You're wearing an extremely long scarf...But that's not acceptable! The game pans to a nearby building with some flag or tapestry hanging off it. I thought it was telling me I needed that specific fabric. See? stupid game stuff. (as it turns out, the fabric is just an indication that there is a supply box there). So instead of saying I need to stop the bleeding, why not say I need to find some medical supplies or whatever?
    Still, I like the music and the assassin creed/ Uncharted- like climbing mechanics. Seems well worth the few bucks I paid. Think the sale ends tomorrow.
    edit: yeah, it's $4 until tomorrow's psn update.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 04 Jul 2016 at 11:48 PM.

About to start The Witness with my wife.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. Witcher 3... haven't played since September, where I stopped at level 4 after 12 hours. Not quite sure what is that bugs me about this game as it's seemingly got everything I want from an RPG. Giving it another go.

8. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Witcher 3... haven't played since September, where I stopped at level 4 after 12 hours. Not quite sure what is that bugs me about this game as it's seemingly got everything I want from an RPG. Giving it another go.
    I'm in the same boat. I loved Skyrim, played lots of hours but I can't seem to get into The Witcher 3. I guess I don't like the UI of the game. I've been trying to like it this summer too on and off.

9. It's the movement and the combat that stops me from really getting into Witcher 3. I finished the story but I had to force myself to play it.

10. I just picked up where I left off in Bioshock Infinite. I loaded up my save data and was surprised to see I hadn't played it since last June. Anyway, I think I'm pretty far into the game, but I haven't upgraded anything because there's barely any money around and everything is expensive. I don't know if I'm playing the game wrong or what, but it hasn't held me back.